“Good price. Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1035 NW Harbor Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Bozeman
“Good price. Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed for 3 days. Great location on the beach, short walk down the stairs to a quieter section of beach near simpler tide pools. Kids loved it! Hotel is older but no problems. Clean. Water out of faucet is boling hot. Friendly service

Room Tip: Actually liked the second floor room because we needed to leave our window open at night or it would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I used to come to Sailor Jacks every year. Last year, 2013, I got a 2nd degree burn on my arm from the tub/Jacuzzi faucet. When I checked out the next day I alerted them to the concern that they need to have signs that say "hot" water, like some places do. I showed them my arm and they just said "oh." I didn't ask for anything. But, they didn't offer me anything, either. That's poor customer service. When I sent them an email a month after - they never responded. I have a 3 inch burn scar on my arm. So, they will never get my business again.

The room floor was really dirty. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Selah WA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just love this Motel, its sliders look out to the Ocean you hear the waves at night life does not get better than that..They have redone all the rooms they look good.The rooms are clean and pet friendly which is hard to find now a days.We return every year but this time we came later in June. The view is so awesome and the sunsets and sunrises are beautiful. The front desk was very friendly .They also have a washer and dryer you can use if your stay is long enough to have to do clothes.Make sure to eat a J's fish and chips and Maxwells makes the biggest breakfast omellets I have ever seen.Sailor Jacks is older but well maintained. We will return for many more years and just keep adding days to our stay. Check it out when in Lincoln City,Oregon.

Room Tip: They have Kitchenettes to rent also and Jacuzzi rooms too.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at Sailor Jack’s for 5 days. I wish I could give a 5 star review. It is a nice location, right on the beach. There are some rooms with fireplaces and Jacuzzi’s. I had one of those rooms. I, unfortunately, have to report that I called 4 times before my visit to get a room with the deck that had an opening right out to the beach. 4 times I was promised one of these rooms. The reason I called 4 times was because the 2nd time I called I was in an upstairs room. Somehow they double booked me and had me in another room. So I called the 3rd and 4th time to make sure I had the room I was promised. I drove 2 days to have this room with the open deck. When I got there I did not have it. I complained, but the man at the desk acted like he didn’t know there were decks that had openings.
Which brings me to my 2nd complaint; the unprofessionalism was disappointing to say the least. Acting like you don’t know that decks are different is really undermining the customer and is offensive. I wish he had just said we got you in the wrong room, sorry. I complained when I signed in, and when I signed out. Nobody cared. So, if you go there and expect to get a certain room, I can’t even tell you to call ahead because that obviously didn’t help me. Once you’re there they have you over a barrel.
It is definitely more run down then in the pictures on their website. I will probably never stay in a place that is friendly to dogs again, because the place smells musty and like wet dogs. The carpet probably is the reason. It was pretty clean when I got there, so the other complaints I’ve seen weren't true for me. I will say having a fireplace was nice, and the bathrooms were clean. In general though I can only give it 3 stars because it’s just not a 5 star hotel, and the front desk staff are very inattentive. I certainly won’t be returning there. There was one house keeper who had the best attitude and was so friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. Very nice, I wish I could tell you her name. So, 3 stars are mainly because of the location. The couches and chairs are nice because they can be cleaned. I think they’re fake leather or leather which is a nice addition. Material couches and chairs can be filthy, especially with dogs on them. And they definitely needs screens on their doors and windows ocean side. If you want anything opened on the beach front side, bugs will come in so you just don't keep them open. That would be nice considering the sound of the waves could be heard in the room

Room Tip: Bring your own chair that sits taller for the deck. The chairs they have are very low and you can’t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you go to this places thinking your going to have a good time then you though wrong, because this places has a lot of bugs.
you will go to to sleep with your family but you will wake up with cockroaches next to your head in the morning, and in your bags.
I paid for a room that was 167$.
When we got there he said that They been in every room and haven't seen any bugs,
but I think that was a lie.
He said no smoking in the house and on the deck I can respect that but I don't like how he lied to me.
Before I left at 12:30 at night when cockroaches were first spotted and they said they could not refund our money because we had showered and got in bed. Our course we got in bed, what am i going to sleep on the floor.
when we saw the cockroach crawling by my face.
I tried to call the front desk and it took about at least a half hour for them to answer.
When they did answer we talked about it and they said they will call us in the morning to refund our money.
but they never called us, so when I called them back I got told it wasn't a cockroach it was just a bug, and it's the end of the day so of course I'm going to shower and get in bed.
I do believe he said he was in every room and didn't see any bugs.
Ok...
And I still haven't got my money back yet

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SailorJack O, Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Our housekeeping staff always do their best to ensure that our rooms are clean and pest-free.

The customer called us at midnight and wanted to check out because of cockroaches. We do not have any cockroach problems. When guests open the sliding doors, the coast wind sometimes blows some other bugs in that do fly in because of the beach nearby.

We always monitor our rooms for such pests and quickly deal with them if they ever appear. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us a try again in the future.

-- General Manager
Portland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked one of their most expensive rooms to stay only one night. Things seemed nice, nice jacuzzi, uncomfortable bed. But before I was going to sleep a cockroach crawled up the side of the wall next to my bed. I no longer felt comfortable staying there and drove home at 12:30 at night. Cockroaches get in your clothes and come home and infest your house. Very hard to get rid of. When confronted they denied having cockroaches and refused to refund my money. I was there less than 12 hours and spent close to $200 dollars. I will never stay there again and I advice you don't either if you enjoy a bed-free home.

• Stayed June 2014
Gladstone, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We go to the Oregon Coast every chance we get. Sailor Jack in Lincoln City is a place we've returned to many times. Be sure to check for manager's specials on their web site. On our last visit, which was spur of the moment, we were able to get a king jacuzzi room for a great price on a manager special! It's an older place, but well maintained. They were undergoing some remodeling during our last visit.

Room Tip: The bottom floor have decks, and the view is still very good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!