“Excellent stay for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1035 NW Harbor Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Excellent stay for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Friendly place for people and pets. Like the jacuzzi and incredible view . Bed jacks would be helpful so you can gaze out at the waves without lifting your head.

Why do the reviews have to be 200 characters?

• Stayed December 2012
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Sailor Jack and your suggestions have been noted! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stay here and always get a good deal on the price..thay beet any price for us...we stay in december end of the month...very happy to keep coming back...room 204 is very clean and fresh with a great view...the scanlon family...

• Stayed December 2012
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sailor Jack! We're glad you enjoyed the surf light too - watching the waves from your room and listening to the sound of the ocean is very therapeutic. Happy New Year - We look forward to seeing you again soon in 2013!
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been a frequent customer for many years (5+), noticed the high turnover with management. Now I know why. I was placed in a room a few months ago that was not finished. I left and the managers said next time we came to stay if would be free, cuz of the situation they put us in being in a non finished room. I rented a hot tub room and it was not clean and was given cleaner and advised that I would have to clean it cuz house keeping was gone. I have been into a room where the headboards had nasty sticky stuff on them, After all that I was still willing to stay there cuz I liked it. Well, last week we spoke to the new manager about my free room and they were not willing to stick to what they said a free room but was willing to take $5.00 of the room for the two nights we were going to stay. WELL, YOU HAVE LOST MY BUSNIESS FOR EVER AS WELL AS MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT STAY WITH YOU. My husband and I travel a lot and stay in hotels at least once a month, but never again with you.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel, Try Pelican inn, it is great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Our motel policy is that we give out a gift certificate for a future stay - we do not just give out free rooms. Since you had no gift certificate, we offered a discount to you as we cannot give out free rooms without evidence.
Lincoln City, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was clean. The staff was nice. But--and this was a big "but" for me--our room was miniscule, and it felt EXTREMELY cramped. Especially as I was in a wheelchair at the time. There was no safe way to park the wheelchair anywhere but in the doorway. Dog help us if there had been a fire, because we wouldn't have been able to escape in time. Especially as there was no other exit. Although it could have been a very refreshing stay in a sweet, eclectic, and DOG FRIENDLY motel, in the end, it just stressed me out even more. I couldn't sleep in the bed (it was too old, tired and hard as a rock), and ended up attempting to sleep in the wheelchair. Not a restful experience, to say the least.

That said, in another, larger room, and now no longer in need of the wheelchair, I would probably enjoy myself much more than I did. Unfortunately, though, I'm afraid to try again. Still. It's oceanfront, and that was nice!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you actually rent it, to make sure it meets your needs and desires. Ours...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
SailorJack O, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Sailor Jack. We are sorry that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. If you would like to return and visit us again in the future, please reference this situation and we will ensure that you get a larger room that better matches your needs. Thank you again for your comments and we look foward to seeing you again soon at Sailor Jack.
Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed with two friends as we were driving down the coast. The room was very clean and to a good standard for the price. Had a great view of the beach and it was quiet being off the main road and at the end of a street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of Sailor Jack! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The sliding door was soooo hard to close and didn't close all the way! The smokers next door could hear everything that went on in our room and we could smell their smoke thanks to the perma gap in our sliding door!

It wasn't any better when they nicely switched to the front of the hotel at our request, because the front door has no weather stripping. There were fleas. When we asked the desk to clean the spa, and they did, it still spit brown goo from the jets. After requesting cleaning supplies and being told they didn't have any, (no wonder there was filth in the jets!) I purchased my own. Spent an hour cleaning the jets, running the system and it still spit brown flakes of greasy goo.

Five days we stayed, five days we told them it was unusable. The fifth day, a worker knocked on the door and we left him to it. Happy to come back six hours later for a bit of spa heaven. What can I say, it was our honeymoon! Nope. Dirty footprints in the shower tub and a used toothpick in the tub. The maid never cleaned despite the sign requesting it.

After we discovered our room hadn't been fixed or cleaned and had been dirtied by the handyman, we decided to leave. We packed up and I dropped off the keycards. When desk guy asked why we were leaving abruptly I told him. He informed me that he would levy a $200 fine against our neighbors for smoking on the deck, and that he was sorry we never told the desk about our problems.

I was astounded. I told him I'd reported it, but nothing had been done, he thought I was over reacting so I showed him the dirty spa jet pictures. He agreed those were icky but that they would have cleaned them if they knew. I corrected him, those pictures were taken AFTER the maid had made the room ready for us and the manager had cleaned the tub a second time.

He was unwilling to reimburse me for the cleaning supplies, the difference in room rates for the spa we couldn't use, the time I spent cleaning or the fact that we were leaving a night early. He was happy to charge the nice neighbors $200 for smoking and to keep our money as well.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review of Sailor Jack. The concerns you raised have been corrected and we hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is excellent value for money in September. I was there on Sept 12th. I had previously stayed at Surftides in Lincoln City (and I reviewed it last year) -- it was very good, but they keep their prices up until October, and only then do they go on winter rates. Sailor Jack has good rates in September [after Labor Day], which suited me fine. Splendid view from 3rd floor.
They have worked on sprucing up this motel and my room was just fine -- a large Queen room up on the 3rd floor with a GREAT view. Coffee maker, fridge and microwave. $59.95 " Manager's Special". What's not to like ? I would rate Surftides slightly better as they have balconies on the upper floors, but they were asking well over $100 for the night of my visit to Lincoln city.

Sailor Jack has a patios-deck for the first floor rooms, but not on the upper floors.
Nice staff -- it was a good spot. Enjoy

Room Tip: 3rd floor has best view, but no elevator, so you have to hike up. If you are healthy & strong...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SailorJack O, Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank You so much for staying with us! We are always pleased to hear from someone who has enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how we did.
Hope to see you again next time. Mike, Director of Op's

Been to Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!