The sliding door was soooo hard to close and didn't close all the way! The smokers next door could hear everything that went on in our room and we could smell their smoke thanks to the perma gap in our sliding door!
It wasn't any better when they nicely switched to the front of the hotel at our request, because the front door has no weather stripping. There were fleas. When we asked the desk to clean the spa, and they did, it still spit brown goo from the jets. After requesting cleaning supplies and being told they didn't have any, (no wonder there was filth in the jets!) I purchased my own. Spent an hour cleaning the jets, running the system and it still spit brown flakes of greasy goo.
Five days we stayed, five days we told them it was unusable. The fifth day, a worker knocked on the door and we left him to it. Happy to come back six hours later for a bit of spa heaven. What can I say, it was our honeymoon! Nope. Dirty footprints in the shower tub and a used toothpick in the tub. The maid never cleaned despite the sign requesting it.
After we discovered our room hadn't been fixed or cleaned and had been dirtied by the handyman, we decided to leave. We packed up and I dropped off the keycards. When desk guy asked why we were leaving abruptly I told him. He informed me that he would levy a $200 fine against our neighbors for smoking on the deck, and that he was sorry we never told the desk about our problems.
I was astounded. I told him I'd reported it, but nothing had been done, he thought I was over reacting so I showed him the dirty spa jet pictures. He agreed those were icky but that they would have cleaned them if they knew. I corrected him, those pictures were taken AFTER the maid had made the room ready for us and the manager had cleaned the tub a second time.
He was unwilling to reimburse me for the cleaning supplies, the difference in room rates for the spa we couldn't use, the time I spent cleaning or the fact that we were leaving a night early. He was happy to charge the nice neighbors $200 for smoking and to keep our money as well.
- Also Known As:
- Sailor Jack Ocean Front Hotel Lincoln City
- Sailor Jack Ocean Front Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest vintage lodging accommodations in Lincoln City, this hotel offers 40 oceanfront guest rooms with many room styles and sizes to choose from including rooms with fireplaces, decks (1st floor only), Jacuzzis and Suites. All rooms have Refrigerator, Microwave, DVD player and coffee maker. We have Guest Laundry and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.