“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn
Save Saved
You added Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
3725 NW Keel, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
Bolder, Colorado
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We just ended our 4 night stay at the Brey House and had a lovely experience. We stayed upstairs in the Admiral's Room which had a partial ocean view and our own sitting room. We always had a wonderful cool ocean breeze and enjoyed sleeping with the window open. Our room was $129 and included a wonderful breakfast each morning. We felt that was quite a bargain considering that other places we looked at were a lot more expensive for an ocean view room.

The Brey House was clean and relaxing and we really enjoyed having a separate entrance where we could come and go as we pleased. If you're looking for new, modern decor and fussy snooty surroundings, then the Brey House probably is not for you. But if you're looking for a comfortable, homey experience with an innkeeper who truly cares that you're enjoying your stay and can steer you to the best restaurants and things to do in the area, then relax and enjoy this b&b.

The beach access is right across the street and it's so great to be able to enjoy the miles and miles of sandy beach. We even found one of the glass floats hidden on the beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Booked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews (which are mostly good). Should've read and heeded the one less than perfect because I agree with that person. This place is old, dated, tired, in need of paint, etc. I know this lady is trying her best but, honestly, just give it up.

My allergies flared something miserable because of all the long carpet, dust, etc. about. While this is a short step to the beach, if you stay upstairs, you will be sweltering because of the evening sun.

Breakfasts were good and plentiful and conversation was just right..........but...........it actually took my breath away when we drove up - and not because it looked so good. Sadly, while this COULD be a great place if given a serious makeover........this lovely lady cannot do it by herself (and that's all there is).

The rates here are quite high for what you end up getting.

And it would've been good to know that a 5% discount is given for cash b/4 I'd paid with a credit card. Whatever............We won't be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Shirley B, Owner at Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
This review has left me confused. During their stay, I made myself very available to these guests as I do to all my guests to make them feel at home and welcome. No problems were ever brought to my attention. I was quite confused when I saw this terrible review until I looked at the other reviews this guest has left on TripAdvisor.

The Brey House is a welcoming, relaxing, homestyle coastal b&b, clean and well maintained by myself and staff.
Portland Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this B&B last year after Christmas and were excited to get away again this year for our anniversary. We arrived and were greeted like we were part of the family. We stayed in the Admiral's Suite and were happy with the view and spacious room. The candy treasures, drinks and popcorn in the room were a nice touch. Shirley also left a bottle of sparkling cider, strawberries and chocolates in our room for our special occasion. The rooms are comfortable and make you feel at home. This is NOT a 5 star hotel. You are invited into someone's home and the feeling of home is what makes this B&B special! Shirley knows the area well and is willing to pass on her knowledge to make your visit special. Breakfast is AMAZING!!! Plenty of food is offered and her presentation and culinary skills are wonderful! It's so nice to leave home and have somewhere to visit that makes me feel like I'm coming home. Thank you Shirley for once again making our visit so special. We look forward to visiting again soon... Maybe in January :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed in the front room on the top floor. The room was clean. Very difficult to get to, the outside steps were trickty to climb. the ceiling in the room itself had such a big dormer that you had to be careful getting out of bed. The room was not well ventilated in the bathroom section. You couldn't open the window easily and the screen needed repair. The view was ok. The bed was comfortable. I am glad that no one was in the next room, not much privacy. I feel that it was overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
salt lake city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed with family at the Brey House. Got the two downstairs rooms, with the sitting area. Nice, clean rooms. Good, hearty breakfast, and very pleasant host. Would definitely return!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We've been staying at the Brey :House for over ten years and have always found Milt (now deceased) and Shirley to host a charming B&B with wonderful breakfasts, and a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean, including spouting whales, from the breakfast room window. Shirley took over the cooking a couple of years ago when Milt became too ill to cook. She has continued to maintain the Brey House reputation for outstanding breakfasts, adding some new recipes of her own to the menu. The rooms are always neat and clean and Shirley is quick to attend to any requests or concerns. If you're looking for a place to stay on the Oregon Coast, don't pass up this gem!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Brey House along with my parents. We were very disappointed in the service and accomodations offered at this B&B. The furnishings were very outdated, tattered and unkempt. A lopsided pool table was given rave reviews by the Innkeeper as a point of entertainment. The breakfast was tasty, but very sub par to other B&B's we've stayed in. The food was rationed and some of the selections tasted as though they were "day old". The last day we were there, we were greeted in the morning (8am) with the outside windows to our bedroom being sprayed with a hose. This was very loud and annoying, especially since we were trying to relax on our last morning there. Lastly, the Innkeeper made several reminders that "check out" time was at 11am and that we needed to keep that in mind. I did write the Innkeeper with my comments, but she justified her actions with " Innkeepers try to make every guest coming through their doors as happy as possible knowing full well that task is impossible".
We will not be returning to the Brey House, nor will we recommend it to friend or foe.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!