“not a bad place -” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lakeview
Seattle, Washington
“not a bad place -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

this place is ok - everything worked and was clean , the room had a fridge and micro and most importantly working A/C - i like it chilly when i sleep so to me working A/C in one of the things i inquire about when i call the other is a fridge and micro , as i bring my food with me on business trips ,, theres no real breakfast here , but everything else was ok

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Clean and comfy in the middle of picturesque Lakeview. We were greeted by a very gracious host Pam. Room met our needs and were very clean. We woke up to the view of the beautiful mountain that's in the middle of town. And left rested. We definitely will go back and stay at interstate 8 motel and will recommend it to our friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my family for two nights, found the place safe and clean. The room furniture seem new, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large. Not forget service was excellent . Would surely recommend to friends .

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Molalla, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Bugs crawling on the walls. I will never stay here again! Stayed here for business reasons and have many more trips to lakeview. Disgusting, two different types of bugs crawling around the room. Staff was friendly but the room was way below par.

• Stayed October 2013
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's pretty expensive to stay in Lakeview, considering what you get. The Interstate 8 Motel might be your best bet, but that's a pretty sorry statement. The room was clean, and adequate. Dated? You bet! Be sure you notice the trash can -- it's definitely been in that room since the 1950's. The pink toilet is pretty retro too -- such a shame that they did a sloppy job remodeling. Nothing matches or fits together, and things that should have been replaced, like the ugly, worn-out floor, were untouched. Under the sink, I found a huge chunk of the wall missing, exposing the wall studs and pipes. I kept the bathroom door closed at night, just in case any critters crawled through the walls and into my room.

The bottom line? it's okay for one night, if you can't drive on to somewhere else or afford a better place. And it's a ripoff at $70.

Room Tip: You might want to ask to see your room first. Look for holes in the wall.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We selected this hotel, based on TripAdvisor reviews -- despite the fact that it is not ranked #1, and despite the fact that we don’t typically stay in two star lodging because we worry about cleanliness. We were not disappointed. Our second floor room on the backside of the building was admittedly dated, but very clean, comfortable, quiet and secure. Free wi-fi was excellent. Our only complaint with the room was the very strong disinfectant smell. At the recommendation of the front desk, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mario's Dinnerhouse that evening. And the next morning we walked across the street for a very satisfying breakfast at the Tall Town Café. All in all, a good choice for anyone passing through.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearlake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have come to a place where I would generally rather just drive 10-12 hours to my destination rather than pay an outrageous amount of money for a place to stay long enough for dinner and a little sleep. Next time I make this trip, I will plan to stop in Lakeview. I am giving this little place 5 stars for overall value. Room rate was very reasonable. It was super clean, had TV with HBO, free wifi, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and basic amenities (with the exception of a hair dryer). Front desk was staffed by a very helpful, pleasant and friendly woman. It is pet-friendly, but I was traveling without a pet. Room was stocked with a binder that had information about local dining spots. It is a cute little town and it was good to take a nice walk after a long day in the car. Okay, now for the downside: yes, it is dated (but so clean it didn't matter to me). If you are noise sensitive, the soundproofing is not so great and I could clearly hear fellow travelers talking and clomping up and down the walkway outside my window. Fortunately for me, I am hard of hearing and sleep like a rock so this was really a non-issue for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Interstate 8 Motel? Share your experiences!