“Very nice place to stay for an older property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Lake Oswego
EVERETT
“Very nice place to stay for an older property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This property has been there for several years and it still hold true of the Crowne Plaza name. I have stayed in Crowne Plaza hotels in other cities and this one was just as nice. The staff was great to work with and very friendly. The rooms were wonderfully quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The one down side is that the elevators are a little slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was initially wary of staying at this hotel after having read all the negative reviews. Much to our relief and surprise, we had an extremely enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego. Both check-in and check-out were done by extremely efficient, courteous, and friendly staff. We had a suite on the 6th floor and were very happy with the size and cleanliness of the room. The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle that takes guests to and from areas within a 5 mile radius (we used it to get to Washington Square Mall)--this was a wonderfully convenient service. Some other reviewers had commented on the loud air conditioning unit---I would have to agree that, yes, the a/c is a little louder than others, but I didn't mind it since its white noise drowned out any noise that might've come from the hall or the next room.

There were a few minor cons--
1. the mattress didn't have much in the way of independent pocket coils (translation: any movement on one side of the king size bed caused similar motion on the opposite end),
2. the refrigerator in our room alternated between leaking water and being freezing cold (to the point of freezing the water in our bottles)
3. the service in the restaurant was sometimes a little harried, despite the dining room only being 1/4 full.

Overall, I was willing to overlook the cons since the rest of our stay was so nice. Thanks again Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego!

Room Tip: Opt for a room on a higher floor that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice rooms, very accomodating staff, only negative is the road/driveway/parking lot situation to get to the hotel is confusing. My friends and I were initially placed into a single king sized room with a hide-a-bed, but it was really cramped and after talking with the front desk the next day we upgraded and got a very comfortable 2 room suite.

Room Tip: Get a two room suite rather than just a single with a hide-a-bed, a ton more room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
medford or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

While my "typical" hotel stay may not always be in 5 star establishments (I wish they were), I still find myself to be a bit of a hotel snob with moderately high expections.

With that benchmark set, the Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego, in my opinion, was just fine. Sure, I could nit pick. Housekeeping didn't rinse out my coffee pot on day 2 of my stay. Silly thing for them to miss, but it didn't break my heart. And to tell you the truth, I've stayed at other hotel chains, twice the cost, and had nit picks there too.

I found the Crowne Plaza LO to be in good repair, with good on site amenities, free parking, free internet, and a nice little suburban location with decent restaurants and drinking establishments within easy walking / driving distance.

Is the decor getting a little dated? Sure, but it was in good shape and clean. Granite counters, tile shower surrounds, and clean carpeting. All good. And for the price, definitely all good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is very clean and well kept and met all my needs. The staff was incredible and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. From the employees at the front desk, to the shuttle drivers, the housekeeping and the restaurant staff; you can tell these people enjoy their jobs! They all were very friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful!

I stayed at the hotel while a family member was in the hospital at OHSU. The shuttle drivers took me each morning to the hospital and were there to pick me up each evening. The hotel is also dog friendly, so I was able to have my dog there with me at the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel. You will be taken very well care of! A special thank you to all the staff!! You are amazing!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with sliding doors and small balcony are nice when you have a pet accompanying you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Oswego on a short jaunt to Portland. If you want a location that is close to the I-5, this is it. Except during rush hour when the streets are congested with commuters. Check in went well and we were given a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the I-5 and parking lot. The I-5 noise at night was unbearable, with semi-trucks shifting down for the hill and a garbage truck pulling up to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning. The air conditioner was archaic and we needed ear plugs to sleep, as opening the sliding door was not an option. The pool was adequite, as was the room and surprisingly, the king bed was very comfortable. Our teen son slept on the sleeper sofa and when he opened it, some of the metal supports fell out. Every time he moved, the bed popped and creaked, it was so bad, it was funny!

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel, as far away from the I-5 as possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Mellie2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

i stayed at this hotel twice. each time 3 nights or more. my first stay, there was special olympics and hotel was bit noisy and the two elevator was not enough to handle all the people going up and down. bathroom tub was dirty, air conditioning was loud, and it really did not justified the $150+ night. vending machine outside my door ate my money and snack machine would not take dollar bills (only coins). front desk was nice enough to return my money, so that was cool.

two weeks later, i was not paying attention and my cooperate travel agent booked me the same hotel. this time, there was some type of pre-teen soccer tournament and hotel was extremely noisy until late at night. kids were running around the floor screaming and yelling, and hotel staff did not do anything to curve the behavior. many of the kids were moving up and down the elevators for fun, and that really tied up traffic going to my room. my new room was 'continental suite' and the bath tube was again dirty and it had a bad repair in the middle. over all, it was barely clean enough for me to go inside to shower. what really made me upset was the same vending machines two weeks prior had the same issue. it first ate my money, then soda machine did not take dollar bills. i was pretty upset at the event. i went to the lobby to get some change for the soda machines, and there was one person at the desk, and she was on a long call. i think i had to wait like 10-15 minutes before she was able to talk to me. the following day, tour bus load of chinese tourists came in, and they were pretty noisy again.

my colleges stayed at Hilton cross the street for less money and they had whirl pool bathtub. and it costed like 20-30$ less per night.

i recommend you stay away from this hotel and book hilton cross the street.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel, you have better optionis.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear dogbutter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!