“Just a bed. Nothing Special.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Various
“Just a bed. Nothing Special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for an extended business trip in early May. The hotel staff was great, aside from the room service staff who were abrupt and rude. The front desk staff was always helpful and a shout out to Kelly who made me and my team mates feel welcome every evening. The breakfast is tiresome, but the staff, especially Linda were great to meet and after a week she made me feel at home. The pool area was ok, but nothing special. bar drinks were overpriced. The executive level rooms are dark and in all rooms I visited (five) the air con and heater were loud enough to be a nuisance. Windows were dirty and didn't open. Next time I'll try one of the other hotels in the area, but this one is fine for a few nights, but after a week or two, not so good...

Room Tip: There are large air con units in the rear, for rooms facing the pool area. Avoid, but the loud in r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear sammythefish,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Eugene, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

BUT, not to worry. Though this is an older property, the updates are wonderful. the rooms are huge and the beds are very comfortable. it was very quiet. the lobby is large and welcoming. staff pleasant and helpful. restaurant just o.k. I would eat elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: king standard room was large. offered comfortable seating.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CROWNE_PLAZA_MGMT_1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mookie-Eugene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We're very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay during your visit! We hope to see you again if you're ever back in the area and thank you again for your review!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Little bit of a dated property it seems but overall it was a nice for a one night stay.

The room way nice and clean. Room service was quick and good. The only room complain would be that the A/C-heater unit is so close to the bed that it just needs to be turned off at night.

Room Tip: Skip the pricing for the executive club level room.
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. Sure the Crown Plaza is an older property, but I found it to be well maintained and comfortable, especially the common areas and the beautiful landscaping which adds an inviting curb appeal.

Check in was a smooth process by courteous and smiling staff; always appreciated after long day of air travel.

My room was very clean and nicely furnished, no problem at check-in. The bed and bedding were both very comfortable. The shower head was somewhat low for my size, but that's about my only issue with the room, albeit picky.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and it was typical fare, but not complimetary and a little pricey. However, there are only a few restaurant options in the immediate area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friend or family, which is always my true test and basis for ratings.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and rooms modern, though the building architecture is dated. I was happy as a clam until folding clothes on my bed in the morning before checking out and I stepped on a staple on the floor beneath the dust ruffle! The corner protector on one of the king bed mattresses had come off and was lying on the floor beneath the dust ruffle. The plastic corner protectors are stapled on and presumably over time the twin mattresses had rubbed together and this one pried off. It was laying on the floor face up with several staples protruding. It punctured my big toe in two places, and it hurt. (See pics attached)

After I collected myself, and the offending mattress piece, I went to the front desk and shared my experience with the morning manager, including a photo of my injury. I forgot his name, but he took the piece, made a quick note about the room and said he'd talk to maintenance about it. That's it!

I expected more. I sustained an injury due to the conditions under the hotel's control, and they were apathetic about it. Wouldn't a fundamental be to say sorry, document the event with an accident form, and at least ask me if I needed medical assistance?

• Stayed March 2013
KevinGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear BnHarton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I first want to apologize about the incident that occurred in your room and I hope that you are now doing ok. I agree with you 100% that we should have done a better job at handling the situation. I assure you that I will review your incident with all our Front Desk Agents and use this as a training tool to make sure we do better the next time.

I will message you privately to get more details.

I appreciate your time,

Kevin Schjei
Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arrived for a multi day business trip. The staff was efficient and friendly and the facility and room were comfortable. I did not try the food as there was a very nice brew pub right across the street. I recommend walking there and you wont want to miss happy hour. I would return to this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After vacating another hotel due to "bugs" yiks.... Called Crowne Plaza and even though it was after 9pm and showing Full they found us a lovely room and at a better rate than we could have reserved ourselves!
Heavenly clean, and beautiful. Thank you for saving two really tired "girls"! We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!