“other reviews made me nervous” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Eugene, OR
“other reviews made me nervous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

BUT, not to worry. Though this is an older property, the updates are wonderful. the rooms are huge and the beds are very comfortable. it was very quiet. the lobby is large and welcoming. staff pleasant and helpful. restaurant just o.k. I would eat elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: king standard room was large. offered comfortable seating.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CROWNE_PLAZA_MGMT_1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mookie-Eugene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We're very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay during your visit! We hope to see you again if you're ever back in the area and thank you again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Little bit of a dated property it seems but overall it was a nice for a one night stay.

The room way nice and clean. Room service was quick and good. The only room complain would be that the A/C-heater unit is so close to the bed that it just needs to be turned off at night.

Room Tip: Skip the pricing for the executive club level room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. Sure the Crown Plaza is an older property, but I found it to be well maintained and comfortable, especially the common areas and the beautiful landscaping which adds an inviting curb appeal.

Check in was a smooth process by courteous and smiling staff; always appreciated after long day of air travel.

My room was very clean and nicely furnished, no problem at check-in. The bed and bedding were both very comfortable. The shower head was somewhat low for my size, but that's about my only issue with the room, albeit picky.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and it was typical fare, but not complimetary and a little pricey. However, there are only a few restaurant options in the immediate area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friend or family, which is always my true test and basis for ratings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and rooms modern, though the building architecture is dated. I was happy as a clam until folding clothes on my bed in the morning before checking out and I stepped on a staple on the floor beneath the dust ruffle! The corner protector on one of the king bed mattresses had come off and was lying on the floor beneath the dust ruffle. The plastic corner protectors are stapled on and presumably over time the twin mattresses had rubbed together and this one pried off. It was laying on the floor face up with several staples protruding. It punctured my big toe in two places, and it hurt. (See pics attached)

After I collected myself, and the offending mattress piece, I went to the front desk and shared my experience with the morning manager, including a photo of my injury. I forgot his name, but he took the piece, made a quick note about the room and said he'd talk to maintenance about it. That's it!

I expected more. I sustained an injury due to the conditions under the hotel's control, and they were apathetic about it. Wouldn't a fundamental be to say sorry, document the event with an accident form, and at least ask me if I needed medical assistance?

• Stayed March 2013
KevinGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear BnHarton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I first want to apologize about the incident that occurred in your room and I hope that you are now doing ok. I agree with you 100% that we should have done a better job at handling the situation. I assure you that I will review your incident with all our Front Desk Agents and use this as a training tool to make sure we do better the next time.

I will message you privately to get more details.

I appreciate your time,

Kevin Schjei
Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arrived for a multi day business trip. The staff was efficient and friendly and the facility and room were comfortable. I did not try the food as there was a very nice brew pub right across the street. I recommend walking there and you wont want to miss happy hour. I would return to this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

After vacating another hotel due to "bugs" yiks.... Called Crowne Plaza and even though it was after 9pm and showing Full they found us a lovely room and at a better rate than we could have reserved ourselves!
Heavenly clean, and beautiful. Thank you for saving two really tired "girls"! We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

For the price that we paid for the hotel, it is acceptable, but there is no way that I would pay the rack rate as it is not up to par for a 3.5 star hotel. It's a dated hotel that has had some updating done, but it still looks quite tired and worn. They charge for local calls and $15/day if you want a mini fridge in your room. The computers in the small business center were painfully slow. They have two elevators for the entire hotel, and one of them was out of order for a good part of our stay. On the plus side, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the location is very convenient to all major points of attraction as it is right off of the I-5. The area is nice and quiet at night, and since we got a room facing away from the freeway, we heard very little noise from the outside. The inside is a different matter though. There is absolutely no sound proofing within the walls. Parking spots were plentiful. Starbucks, Oswego Grill and Trader Joe's are all close by for your coffee fix and food needs.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms NOT facing the freeway and away from the elevators and the open lobby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KevinGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our property. I appreciate the feedback you have given us regarding our hotel as we look at this information closely when we do our yearly upgrades. We have recently completed the upgrade of our hallway wall vinyl along with refreshing all our new bed linen. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and try it out. Thanks again for your time!

Kevin Schjei

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!