“A Great spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Portland, Oregon
“A Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Blast burger is a great spot for several reasons: a fantastic location, great view for people watching and a hip place to be in Lake Oswego. We went there the day of the LO 4th of July festival and it was definitely on the busy side. Though we were still very pleased with our food and we're out of there in a timely manner. The kids loved and the outdoor seating allowed them to stretch their legs a bit.

Visited July 2013

Tigard, Oregon
“Worst Kobe burger/service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Perhaps I expected too much - after visiting Five Spice - and knowing they were owned by the same people. They told us they were still working out the kinks - so we waited 2 months before visiting. We sat outside on dirty tables with disgustingly dirty Ketchup/Mustard bottles and waited 20 min just to be acknowledged -15 more min for water and then another10 min before we got menus. I ordered a Shroom Kobe burger - which for $15 I expected something pretty tasty! I got a overcooked dry burger that if it was Kobe I would be genuinely surprised. Others got the Blast Burger and Handsome Devil - all of which were equally unremarkable. The location is the only thing they have going on!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Great Burgers, Pet Friendly too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We walked down to Blast Burger so we could take the dogs. It is a fun place, outdoor seating was available, (since we had two dogs, that was the only option).

The service was only fair, the portions large enough. It was a little expensive for a burger joint. Must be the location.

Do not go for the bar. The definitely had a beer menu, but there was no choices on what kind of vodka, and no scotch available. They only had "house white" or "house red" wines. Since we were walking, I figured to do a little drinking. Not with their choices!

The sweet potato fries were good. I got chicken on my Cobb salad, that I didn't order. I ate it, so I paid for it. The service was so slow that I didn't want to send it back and have to wait any longer. Also, we had to ask for water for the dogs. Not that that is a big thing, but, I feel if they are going to be dog-friendly, the server or busboy or busgirl should know to bring water for them.

All in all, the best thing to be said about the Blast Burger was that it was in walking distance, the view and that they take pets.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Oswego
“Best Burger In Lake Oswego!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This restaurant (under 5 Spice and next to Manzana) is a fun little place that looks like a sports bar but is a great burger joint! I ordered a cheeseburger, and although it was a little spendy, it was cooked perfectly (medium rare) and sat on a freshly baked bun with a basket of fries. The burger was very tasty and when I added the "homemade" ketchup, it took it over over the top. The restaurant sells beer and you can enjoy a brew while chowing down on this hefty sized burger (8 oz) that can be made with local organic free range beef or "Kobe" style beef. The burger can be accompanied by sweet potato fries which I got and were awesome. If you don't like burgers, you can always try the fish, chicken or veggie burger but if you want those things, go somewhere else! Blast Burger also serves fresh made pies and ice cream desserts but the burger is so big I doubt you'll have room for any dessert. Bring the kids as there's plenty of room to sit inside and outside where you can enjoy the view of the lake while ordering cheaper "children's menu" items for the kiddies. TRY THIS PLACE, YOU'LL LOVE IT!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

They try out some unusual burgers that are wonderful along with a few standards. Big enough to share with your favorite someone. A tad expensive but the size and taste compensate for that.

Visited July 2013