“Great visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Long Beach, CA
“Great visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

My husband, son and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. Overall, we were very pleased. The beds were extremely comfortable. They provided a wonderful basket of cookies every night. My son loved the pool. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. I would even say the breakfast buffet is worth the price. There were only minor issues that kept this from being rated as excellent such as not leaving enough cups in the room or changing them out for us every day, but other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night in March 2007. This was our first stay in a Hilton Garden Inn and we were very pleased. Check-in was quick, and the person at the front desk was friendly while being efficient. The room was large, and the bed was very comfortable. There was a nice assortment of toiletries in the bathroom, including shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, and mouthwash. There was buffet style breakfast in the lobby for $8.95 which was a bargain. Parking and internet access were free. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Spacious room with a very comfortable bed, nice toiletries
  • Disliked — Liked everything!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bend, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

This was the second time we ever stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn, our first experience being a great one at the new Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman MT earlier in the month. While we didn't find the same level of service at this location nor the same sense of well appointed lobby or rooms, it was still a very good experience and a very good value.

As with the other HIlton Garden property, the room was large and comfortable. Since we use accessible rooms, we were also delighted to find that the bathroom really was nicely done for useabilty by a person in a wheelchair.

A disappointment was that when we checked in, we were assigned to an accessible room right adjacent to the pool and the room reeked of chlorine. We immediately asked for a reassignment and we were given a room on the second floor with no such problem. But when we returned to the desk and asked for the room change, the desk clerk acknowledged that the chlorine odor was a problem with that room...which begs the question why the hotel is assigning it to anyone.

We understand this hotel is due for a total remodel soon and it's time for that to happen. We'd stay again, it's a great location and rooms are very comfortable. We'll enjoy it even more after the remodel!

• Liked — accessible room and bathroom
  • Disliked — decor needs updating
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

We rolled in late after touring colleges for three days. With no reservation, all I had was the Tripadvisor page that I printed out on this hotel. Very tired and ready to rest, I was able to get a nice room at a great price and walk with my two traveling teens to have dinner across the street. Staff was efficient, not overly friendly but I was too tired to talk anyway.

Convenient to Lewis and Clark College.

Rooms were clean, fresh and comfortable. Pool a little small. Free internet hook up.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

We were pleasantly suprised to find ourselves in such an upscale, lovely hotel. This was closer in luxury to a regular "Hilton" than to a "Garden". Great value, too!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

Great location just off I-5 but removed just enough so that traffic noise was not a problem. Several chain restaurants within a block (Olive Garden, Chevy's, Chili's). One exit south of the hotel on I-5 is a new upscale shopping area called Bridgeport Village (opening sometime spring/summer 2005).

Very clean, attractive rooms -- a bit too traditional in decor for my taste but will appeal to most travelers. All typical amenities provided. I had brought my laptop so was pleased that free, high-speed Internet access was available but I forgot to bring my ethernet cable. Opened the closet door to put away something, and there it was -- a complimentary ethernet cable for guest use! Now that's providing EVERYTHING a traveler might need -- without even having to ask!

Hotel offers a hot breakfast with the usual continental buffet items, but also bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, oatmeal and a made-to-order omelet which was excellent. Depending upon your package, it might be included in your rate or you can purchase breakfast including juice and coffee for $8. Well worth it. I paid just over $60 for the room (AAA) including breakfast due to my Hilton Honors membership. Best hotel value I've had in years.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2005

Last July my husband and I were married in Lake Oswego and all of our out-of-town guests stayed at the Garden Inn. What a lovely place. We received a great price for all our guests, only $49 a night. They were kind enough to extend this price to several days before/after the wedding for those guests staying and exploring the area. The manager was extremely helpful in booking the rooms and taking care of our guests. We were even allowed a hospitality room at no charge as a place to have our families gather in the evenings. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who expects a clean room at a great rate and receives excellent service and amenities.

Don't forget the central location to Downtown Portland, and easy access to highways leading the the beach, mountains, and a local shopping mall. ENJOY!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!