“The Staff Make The Difference” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“The Staff Make The Difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. The pool, hot tub, and exercise room were small but adequate and this was about the only negative thing I can say about this facility. The pool and hot tub were handicap friendly as all Hilton's seem to be now and the staff far exceeded our expectations.
Landon, Chris, Miranda, and John kept things humming at the front desk and they bent over backward's to accomadate the guests. They were extremely personable and professional. These were traits that I experienced with virtually all staff that I came in contact with.
Debra and Joshua stood out in the dining area and made you feel at home. They always greeted you warmly with a big smile and the food was solid. I can't remember the gentleman's name that baked the cookies that were put out in the evening but he also was very friendly and the cookies were great. I also liked the fact that one of the better restaurant's in the area was right across the street. It is called Stanford's and I highly recommend it.
The rooms were up to Hilton standard's but not on the high end of Hilton properties. The hotel is being renovated and it is going to look great. I recommend this hotel If you are staying in the Portland area I highly recommend this hotel because you will not find a better staff anywhere at any price. They make it happen!

David and Kathy Packett
Richmond,Virginia

Room Tip: Rooms up high have the best view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for all of your kind words about our staff. Our staff is fantastic here and that is one of the main reasons for our hotels success. The Management team will make sure to personally thank all of the people that you mentioned in your review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Portland area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having a recent meting at our regional office, our group reserved rooms at this HGI. There is a level of expectation when staying at a HGI and this one did not disappoint. I do agree with a previous posting that the facility needs a renovation. Good news, in the lobby are the story boards showing the new scheme.

As I was walking up to the front desk one staff member looked up from her computer and greeted me with a smile. The other staff member when finished with my work mate greeted me as well. This was a friendly gesture where making a guest feel comfortable. After some small talk we received our HHonors bottles of water and proceeded to the moderately slow elevator.

The rooms were nicely appointed and nothing really to discuss beyond it felt clean and in good condition. The king bed was comfortable. The bed does have some adjustable feature to go from firm to a softer setting. In all the hotels that offer this feature, I still do not feel the difference after I turn the dial. Yes, I did read the instructions.

Morning breakfast was typical fare, but the wait staff were the best part of the morning. The staff were efficient, friendly and just plain perky. I know that perky is a silly word but it is the best descriptor. The evening dinner and bar selection is armature at best and I believe this will change with renovation.

The location is conveniently located right of Hwy 5, and the surrounding area is covered with lush green trees and foliage, this coming from a guy living in a region with less than a 1/4 of their rainfall. Overall, this is a good place to stay while on business or just visiting the area. It's their welcoming staff members that make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned we are about to go through a lobby and restaurant renovation. The renovation will start on September 15th and will be finished by October 15th. I hope that you will stay with us again so you can see our renovations.
Silverdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My daughter and I spent a weekend at the Lake Oswego location. I was pleased with the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rooms were clean, and I loved the toiletries offered. While the pool was small it was indoor and nice to splash around in. The daily treat offering was tasty and semi-nutritious. I completely enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. I will make sure to post your comments in the staff break room so they can all see them. The staff works very hard at trying to make our guest’s comfortable and from your comments I can see we were successful. I hope you will choose to stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Oswego on your next trip to the Portland area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego recently and it was OK, but not as nice as I expected. The lobby and pool areas were very nice, but our room was dated. We had a whirlpool tub in our room, which was a perk, but the rest of the bath fixtures were old. The bed, bedding and towels were sufficient, but not beyond that. The room was clean, despite the dullness.

Unless they start upgrading their rooms, or you get an amazing Priceline deal, you might want to try another hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about our location on Tripadvisor. I want to apologize that the room was not up to your standards. I also wanted to let you know that we will be doing a lobby and restaurant renovation starting on the 15th of September and a room renovation to follow within the next year. I hope that the next time you come to the area you will give us another chance and hopefully you will be impressed with our upgraded property.
Boise, Id
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here recently on a business trip to the Lake Oswego area. The lady working at the front desk was extremely cheery and nice while checking me in around 11 p.m. The hotel appeared very clean. My room was simple, comfortable, and clean. The shower worked well with good temperature and pressure. The area around the hotel is very nice. I will most likely be staying here from now on while visiting our Lake Oswego office.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Portland Area.
San Jose, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Portland/Lake Oswego is a great place to stay. Their staff is very friendly and helpful. The quality of the rooms and facilities are very good and clean. It's perfect when you're travelling with (older) parents who benefit greatly from a smaller hotel/inn so that they don't have to walk so far to get around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Lake Oswego.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn for 4 nights with the B&B package. It was a good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One of them helped my younger son find a lost piece of his stationery. The front desk staff were efficient during check-in and check-out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. One of our main goals is to provide a high level of customer service to all of our guests. By looking at your response I can see that we reached that level of service for you. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Portland Area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!