“Good value - shop rates” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
San Diego, United States
“Good value - shop rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Quality, value, safe/secure, true to brand, easy access, good local options for coffee, office services (FedEx Office), etc. AAA, AARP rates very favorable. Our package included breakfast daily (ask for made to order omelets/eggs as alternate to scrambled at breakfast bar. Around $100 per night, nice price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The room was everything I've come to expect from a Hilton, front desk was nice, helpful. Restuarant employee was crying in the dining room and complaining loudly about not making enough tips or something - seemed like a lot of drama going on with the restuarant side of things. Food was great though, and the waitstaff that served me was very friendly and professional.

• Stayed May 2013
Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the trip advisor review. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest and to ensure that we deliver a high level of customer service. The server’s actions are unacceptable and if you have the time I would like to speak to you about this issue. I will bring up these points to all of the management team for discussion. If there is anything else we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope that you will give us a second chance to show you the high level of service we strive to provide.
Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my most positive experience while staying in a hotel EVER!! The hotel was clean, pleasant, and met all of my needs but the staff, namely Joshua, made the experience truly exceptional. I was at the Hilton for a week long group training. Joshua took the time to learn all of our names and addressed us with genuine care and kindness. During my stay I learned of a death in my family. Joshua noticed that I was upset and brought me some tissues. Then when I returned to my room that night I found a bouquet of flowers, chocolate, and a sympathy card from the hotel staff. The compassion that was shown to me by complete strangers was something I will remember forever!! I have already told my story to countless people including everyone in the training that week. At the time I shared my story with my collegues at the training Joshua just happened to enter the conference room. The entire room clapped for him and we asked him to come to the front of the room. Then numerous people shared stories about how Joshua had gone above and beyond for all of us during the week. It was a very moving moment because his dedication and passion for his job was inspiring to others. I spoke with many of the individuals at the training and they all said that their experience at this hotel was phenomenal and that they would seek out Hilton's from now on when they traveled.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Jennifer P - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Josh is a valued employee here and I am happy to hear you and your group was able to find out why first hand. I will make sure he knows that he is appreciated.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

There isn't much around the hotel but it is a very nice Hilton Garden Inn. The staff are very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Don't forget to adjust the mattress. Or at least check it to make sure someone hasn't made it too hard, or soft.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. I’m happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of customer service to all of our guests. Thank your for staying at our hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Although there are four other hotels within walking distance of this hotel, we chose the Hilton because I’ve had good experiences at other Hilton properties. The location is great, since it’s near the freeway, so we could go anywhere in the Portland area without hassle. The rate was reasonable, and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, and quiet. The $10 breakfast is well worth it. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff make all the difference when we stay in a hotel, and the staff here exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on trip advisor. I'm glad that you found our staff so helpful. We pride ourselves on giving a high level of customer service to every guest that walks through our doors. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Portland area.
Springfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have experienced better quality, service and comfort at less expensive hotels. The front desk staff did not seem to approve of us, and did the minimum to be courteous. I am still waiting for a call back from a call I made to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I want to start out by apologizing about your stay. Our main goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide a high level of customer service. I can see from your words that we failed on both these counts for you. Please feel free to email or call me at the hotel and we can discuss your stay. I would really like to make it up to you and have you give us a second chance to show you that we pride ourselves on our service. I hope you have a great day and look forward to hearing from you.
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Enjoyed staying at this HGI Lake Oswego. The location is quiet, the rooms very accommodating, and the staff are helpful. Restaurants are across the street, Trader Joe's and other shopping only a few blocks away.

Room Tip: All rooms are very much alike.