“Ok place, below average for HGI” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Kansas City, Kansas
“Ok place, below average for HGI”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights on a business trip last week. I am HH gold and the vendor I was travelling with was Diamond . . . don't expect anything other than complimentary breakfast. Not that I did, just stating what you will get.

Lobby area is nice, breakfast is average for HGI. The rooms are in need of an update. Pool is very small, as is the fitness center.

Overall, it was an average stay and my expectations were met.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
acehigh212 - I am excited to say that we will be getting that update for the rooms in 2013. They will look and feel fantastic. HGI has implemented Project Grow which will catch up all of the older properties with the newest generation properties. Our fitness center is a bit small and because of that we have recently started a relationship with Snap Fitness directly behind our hotel. We can get you signed up at the front desk for access to their gym which is fully equipped and in great condition. It is just $7 per day or $20 for the week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here this past Weekend. Staff was outstanding--super friendly. Facility was clean, fitness center was adequate. Restaurants closeby were better than average chain choices--Stanfords and Lake Oswego Grill. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Well done.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HeatherPA - Thank you for your review. I love the restaurants in the area. There is also a great Thai restaurant behind us as well as Chinese, terriaki, a local deli, a few different Mexican restaurants and more.
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Location is great! Lobby and rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is extremely friendly and professional. The "happy hour", although small/simple, is a great way to spend $4.50 for a very cold beer. But the coffee "bar" and breakfast leave a bit to be desired. Coffee bar had only decaf one night and warm regular coffee another. Breakfast, ugh. Selection was minimal flair for HGI. Cooked to order left something to be desired. I ordered (as always) a spinach, onion and cheese omelet. Well, it had TWO pieces of spinach, maybe some onions (I couldn't find them but maybe they were there), and a little (and I mean little) cold shredded cheese sprinkled on top. And the front desk cookies are, in fact, overcooked. Our housekeeper is "eh", nothing special. Two brochures found on floor upon our return that were on desk when we left...little things like that. And, yes, the doors are all marred - so they need to pay more attention to detail, regardless of whether they expect a renovation in the near future or not. We did not experience a loud A/C as others reported, but we did experience a well working A/C as it kept the room nice and COLD, just the way we like it. Keep in mind, we are diamond members so it's not our first trip to the rodeo.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
danthatravel - I also think our location is great. We are close to a major freeway (I-5) but set back far enough that we do not get the noise from the traffic. Our happy hour is a new program we have instated and it has been going very well. I will pass on your other concerns to the proper managers so we can continue to improve our property. Thank you for your input.
West New York, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow! What a great value this place is. The front desk staff appear to be rotating every day. We never saw the same person twice doing our 3-night stay. However, all of them are professional, super helpful and friendly. My in-laws who were leaving a day before me could not print their boarding passes at the business center. The front desk staff let them used their computer and printer! Our stay did not include breakfast so I cannot comment on the quality. Just to note that breakfast seems popular and looks pretty good. We opted to go to downtown Lake Oswego for breakfast instead which is a lovely place worth a visit. My room smells so nice when I walked in. Everything in room works well. All furniture are relatively new and clean. Nice amenities in the bathroom. The flat-screen TV has many HD channels. The free WiFi is quite fast. There is also an AUX cable from the clock radio so you can hook up your iPod or iPhone to play your music. I didn't use the small pool. It is more for kids. Getting to downtown Portland is quick an easy via I-5 (15-20 min). Comparing to staying in downtown Portland, we saved a good chunk of changes and we probably got a better quality hotel for the same class. Next time we go to Portland, unless we find a killer deal downtown, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Steven P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
CliveNYC - I am glad that you share our enthusiasm for our hotel. It is people like you that keep us smiling. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you during your next visit to the area.
Riverton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast here made it a great place for my family. Made to order omelettes, waffles, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, name brand cold cereals, and juices.

Ask for the rate that includes breakfast. One night was $129 without breakfast or $133 with vouchers for up to 4 adults. Kids were only $5.50 when I paid out of pocket.
Wish the staff had offered the rate including the breakfast our first night. Great location near good restaurants & the freeway. It doesn't get much prettier than Lake Oswego.

• Stayed June 2012
utahrinn - I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Lake Oswego is a very pretty place and I am glad you were able to share that with us.
Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I am a diamond member. I received a bill for my morning breakfast. I should not have since I elected the free breakfast instead of rewards points. The server brought my bill.
I fill out the ticket entering my name and room number. On the line with the bill total and tip I wrote "0" giving no tip and intending for no total amount on the bill.
When I checked out of the hotel, my hotel stay total included the $9.95 for the breakfast that I was supposed to have free for being a diamond member and the server that served me absolutely no food or coffee conveniently had granted himself a $3.00 tip without my authorization.
When I addressed this with the reception staff member she displayed no concern for what the server had done.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jo A - I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience ended so poorly. This is not how we do business here. I will make sure that our staff is looking for the free breakfast vouchers we give to our Diamond members. It is also completely unacceptable for our server to write in a tip when none was given. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I am sorry that it happened to you.
Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with helpful staff. We were passing through coming from Mt. Rainier going to Crater Lake National Park and this was a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Traveller1171 - I am happy to hear you had such a great experience here. That is what we strive for. You also found a few of our regional treasures in Crater Lake and Mt. Rainier. Thank you for your review.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!