“Wonderful exotic cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
West Linn, Oregon
“Wonderful exotic cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We've dined at the Terrace Kitchen twice, and have wonderful meals both times. Cocktails were delicious. My Pisco sour made me want to drink a bunch more!

The menu can initially surprise since there are many south and central american inspired dishes, but don't let that put you off. I had a brazilian style tenderloin and lamb chop that were exquisite. I'm a big fan of lamb, and this chop was perfectly done.

My wife's flaming cheese with a bit of smoked chile delighted her as did my watermelon salad that just tasted of summer.

My wife from new england just loved the traditional ginger molasses cake dessert.

This is a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Washington
“Weird Tasting Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have dined there twice and have been disappointed both times. I keep hoping the chef will actually develop a dish that tastes as good as it reads on the menu. Something wrong here.

Visited February 2012
“Love TK!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

The tacos are amazing!! The atmosphere matches the elegant food. We love it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington
“Don't miss this gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

There are many good restaurants in the Portland Metro area, but don't miss the opportunity to visit the Terrace Kitchen. The Beard award winning Chef offers a menu that is sure to please everyone with quality ingredients, skillful preparation, and excellent value. The atmosphere is charming - choose the terrace- for an al fresco experience or the pleasant dining room with its continental flair. You can choose either lunch or dinner at the Terrace Tuesday through Sat. Don't hesitate to ask Marlene for a dining recommendation and if you have a special dietary need, you wll be accommodated with substitutions that provide a quality dining experience. If you try the Terrace Kitchen you will return for it to become one of your favorites. I know, I drive 20 mi. to enjoy the meals.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oregon
“AMAZING - we found our new favorite PDX restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

From the carefully handmade cocktails (best mojito I've ever had) to the sumptuous desserts, the food and beverages were flawless and featured local, sustainable ingredients. Service (from the chef's son) was friendly and attentive, and he made excellent suggestions for food and wine selections. And when we got the bill, it was reasonable. What more could we ask for?

We can't wait to go back, and we look forward to checking out some of the special theme dinners.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere