Save Saved
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Lake Oswego
Chandler, Arizona
“GaryAZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the HIE Lake Oswego for 12 days over 3 weeks for business. I chose this location for its proximity to Tualatin where I was working. I enjoyed the locations scenic surroundings and being a jogger was able to take advantage of perfect weather during my stay for many exhilirating runs. Breakfast is very important for my needs and the staff always had the breakfast ready prior to the advertised 6:30 time which helped me get to work by 7 with no issues. The HIE LO beds were extra comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. One morning I left my camera in the breakfast area but did not realize it was missing. Upon returning to the hotel one of the staff recognized me and used a picture from the camera to figure who the owner was. My camera was returned with all my Oregon memories!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express Lake Oswego, Or. We appreciate the kind remarks and I will pass them on to each of my team members. We always strive to make each guest feel welcome and at home while they are visiting for work or play. You are correct there are some beautiful places to run, walk and/or relax surrounding our location. If you choose to let the front desk manager/general manager know what your needs are when you check in we will aleways do our very best to accommodate you.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked in for 2 nights room 133, on October 7. As I'm ironing my crisp new white shirt on monday morning, I noticed that the iron was leaving small black smudges on the shirt! I was horrified, as I had no spare white shirt to go with my tie (1 day business trip), and when I complained to the front desk next morning when I was checking out and explained the situation to her, she (Michelle) did nothing on the spot to do anything about it. I would have expected her to take a look at the shirt and reimburse me for the cost of the shirt which is now unwearable! I even had to remind her to get the iron out of the room so no other guest suffers the same problem. A customer who has had a bad experience does not want to be handed a business card of someone else to explain the problem all over again (she handed me the card for some Tocia Cordill) to complain to. Clearly this hotel does not know the needs of business travelers and does not know how to make amends when they screw up. Stay away!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your shirt. It is the hotels policy to inspect the irons every time the room is cleaned for any flaws and replace immediately. My front desk handed you my card because we cannot reimburse third party reservations and she knew I would have to handle said reimbursement. She left me a detailed message concerning your situation and I tried to contact you, although it appears we have an incorrect phone number for you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this situation and the resolution. It is the hotels policy for every guest to leave satisfied, relaxed and rested.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Oswego hotels

Pleasant Grove, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I will always book my Portland, OR stays with Holiday Inn Express, Lake Oswego. I feel as if I am treated by friends and family. I am away over 200 nights annually, and admittedly it can get lonely at times. This property treats me like a friend and helps me to feel safe and comfortable. The ammenities are top notch and constantly improving. The television selection is loaded with the same channels I enjoy at home. The internet is fast. The food is good. Most importantly, the rooms are clean and up to date. No stained carpets. No hair in the bath. No bugs. Thanks to Tocia, Andrew, Telo, Jameson and all the rest who take care of me.

Gerald Duclos

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words Mr. Duclos. We always want to make each guest feel like they are at home with us. It is our pleasure to go out of our way and provide excellent customer service to everyone that stays with us. From the first phone call to the express checkout we strive to make each contact with us memorable and satisfying. We have done some new upgrades like adding 150 high definition televison channels. As always we welcome all comments because we all strive to be better with each interaction at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, OR.
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Bad:
Booked a 10 day stay through Funjet travel. Hotel charged my credit card $764 instead of the Funjet account and no one at the hotel will take responsibility to reverse the charge. The smallest Holiday Inn Express room I have ever stayed in. Noise from the bar next door. Parking lot too small, had to park at the next door bar twice. If you have a Holiday Inn account, no points or nights credit for the 10 day stay. Was supposed to have about 30 TV stations, but every night, 3-5 channels were just a bouncing Dish/Direct TV logo. Bed was old, kept rolling to the middle, Sheets kept coming off as the mattress topper and mattress were too thick for the sheets. A/C worked, but very noisy.
Good:
Breakfast was hot and eggs/meat item changed daily. Washer & dryer worked well. Good location.

Room Tip: Say away from the bar next door, stay away from rooms at the end of the hall x15, x16.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for posting your concerns. It is always the hotels policy to resolve any issue the guest may be having while staying in the hotel. While you were here we were unable to charge the authorized credit card because it was not sent with your reservation. We tried several times to contact the company while you were staying with us and received no response from them. After your departure we were finally able to resolve and hotel management sent an email to you confirming we had resolved the issue for you. The hotel apologizes for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any concerns you may have and know I am always available even when you are staying with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked in Sunday 23 Sept 2012 around 7pm. I asked for a room on the main floor and went to my assigned room (233). About an hour later a heard someone trying to enter my room. Turns out they were assigned my room by the same desk clerk who checked me in. A few minutes later the desk clerk called and acted like I had done something wrong. He said his system showed the room as "empty".

I'm not sure if the couple who were assigned my room could have gotten in. The desk clerk said their key wouldn't have worked, I'm not so sure. The next time I tried to use my key, it didn't work, which likely would have been caused by giving another guest the key to the room.

One more thing for the other Priority Club Platinum Elite members. On check in, I was informed that a room upgrade was a third floor room. Their justification for using any third floor room was that since there were no rooms on top of you, it wasn't as noisy. How bad must the rooms on the other levels be?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I completely agree this is unacceptable and that person has been removed from that position. The hotel guest standards are much higher than the service provided to you as a guest. I am sorry this happened and that it took you telling me about it. The hotels approach is always to be proactive not reactive. The hotels policy is to upgrade platinum and gold members to rooms with a better view, quietier floor, higher floor and or upgraded room type if we have any available. I will be contacting you by phone to discuss this further because it is of the utmost importance that all guests are treated with 100% great customer service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I will come back here. Good value and great service. I asked the front desk for pizza recommendations and he assisted promptly. Asked them for location of certain vending machines and he led me there. For me they gave great service. The pool water seemed a little over chlorinated. The breakfast was very good. Room was comfortable and clean. Quiet area for being somewhat close to the freeway. Used the business area a couple of times, good setup and easy to use. Overall very positive experience. Stayed in room 233, 9/22/2012.

• Stayed September 2012
HIEX-LO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. We are always happy to provide reccommendations for food and directions to any where you would like to go. We also provide business services to all hotel guests. Please feel free to stop by the front desk for any of your needs to be met by the hotel staff if we can't do it for you we can certainly provide someone close by who can.
Tacoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed there 9/20. The hotel is next to a bar. I couldn't go to sleep until almost 2 due to the music coming from the adjacent bar and the outdoor bar deck. Next morning - the "hot" breakfast was luekwarm at best....won't stay there again!! The desk clerk could have at least warned me I wouldn't get a good night's sleep! Told the morning desk clerk - he didn't care less!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego, Or. The restaurant is one of the hotel's most used draws with the outside sitting area for our guests to use at no charge. It is true all guests need to be notified when coming into hotel that their room is set to be on restaurant side of hotel and we can certainly make a room type change and put you on the quietier side of hotel. Please let the hotel know if you encounter any issues with your stay when you are here because the hotel staff pride themselves on being able to help guests resolve any concerns they might have with the hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!