“Friendly atmosphere and Good Mexican Food.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in La Pine
Cuisines: Mexican
Christmas Valley, Oregon
“Friendly atmosphere and Good Mexican Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This restaurant has good prices, good food and the people are very nice.
Cinco De Mayo has been around in Lapine for quite a while. They family is from Mexico. The food is very authentic. If you want to stop by for just a quick nibble, they have a side order menu that is perfect for the light eater prices range from $2.50 to $4.00 and there is always a little salad on your plate. They have 3 different sauces from mild to OUCH. If you are really hungry they have a different complete meal special each day plus a complete menu. It is so yummy

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montrose, Colorado
“Don't miss this if you are in La Pine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We planned our trip so we would be driving thru La Pina around lunch based on the reviews of this restaurant on tripadvisor. The reviews were spot on! What a great place: fantastic food, cheerful and efficient service, and great prices. What's not to love? If you like Mexican food and you're in the La Pine area you must stop here. Even the salsa (three different kinds, all great) and chips were outstanding. My wife and I both had enchiladas which were made with homemade flour tortillas that would be great just to eat by themselves. We also split three imported beers (Negra Modellas) priced lower than we have ever seen them in any other restaurant-- $3.25 each. All in all, a great place to stop.

• Visited September 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bend, Oregon
“Awesome tamales!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The best homemade tamale I have had in Oregon. My tamale arrived in the corn husk, tied at each end and I new I was in for a real treat. Along side the tamale was a little cup filled with sauce & I was told it was to pour over my tamale so it would not be dry. I could have eaten the tamale without the sauce it was so moist but the sauce was an added bonus, the beef was fork tender and very tasty . I also had a beef enchilada that was made with a fresh handmade corn tortilla, you can't get any fresher than that. Now the corn tortilla was on the thick side but I loved it. Their rice & beans are equally as good. We were greeted with a smile & 3 types of salsa & chips. They were red, green & gringo sauce, the red one was hot, the green had lots of flavor so we mixed all 3 and it was awesome. The only thing I wish they would make is the chips. Everything taste like you were eating at a small sidewalk cafe in Mexico. My husband had the burrito supreme and loved it. We also took home some of their handmade tortillas. We will be back to La Pine for more homemade mexican food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
La Pine, Oregon, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent spot just off Hwy 97 in La Pine, Or. Staff very friendly and helpfull on menu items. Prices were good. Good variety on menu and large portions. A nice small bar off dinning room. We will come back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Loved food, and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We saw reviews posted on trip advisor, and discovered this family owned restaurant...visited twice this past week. It was busy on Mond and Thursday nites.....lots of locals enjoying the food and the great service. I will definately be back, bring family and friends when in the area! Loved the fajitas....the salsa and chips....the homemade tortillas! And the margaritas were good too!

• Visited August 2012