“Good food and beer selection.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 59 Restaurants in La Grande
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
“Good food and beer selection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My daughter and I chose Benchwarmers for a light dinner. We each chose the Philly Cheese sandwich. I had a salad and she had the beer battered fries. The sandwiches were very good. My salad was fresh and the fries were delicious. Our meals were paired with impotence beers. The waitress was very friendly and personable. The old school tavern atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming. We recommend this place and will return when we can.

Los Angeles, California
“A nice place to drink alone down town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place pours a good (not strong enough for me) cocktail. They have a good selection of beers on tap. The bartender talks to the ladies and ignores male patrons. I find the egos of the locals funny. But then again, it may be their "big fish in a micro puddle" attitude

Visited August 2013
Rough and Ready, California
“Catch & Release”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stopped in at "Benchy's" with Friends from La Grande. I liked the People and Staff that i talked to. The Jameson's and iced Tea were Excellent. However the Fish & Chips reminded Me of something from a Grade School Cafeteria. Maybe They could have found some shaped like Fish. I would have no problem trying the Pub again but the Fish & Chips is definitely Catch and Release. I give three because the Staff and Locals I met more than made up for it. The Whiskey didn't hurt either.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The food was really good for the price. Huge plate at breakfast for $6 that we could not finish. Went twice during our stay at the Hot Lake Springs Hotel. Once at breakfast and one time in the evening. It was one of the only places open late at night. Even though the kitchen was formally closed, "Jozie" was more than happy to make us something to eat. We sat and talked and had some drinks at the bar in the back of the pub. Was surprised to see slot machines in the pub and people actually winning. Jozie was very friendly and answered all of our annoying questions. Small place where the locals are well-known. Hang out for after football games. Friendly and helpful staff. Good home cooked food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Grande, Oregon
“Old timer's tavern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I do like this place. We like to play the wireless trivia while we eat. The food isn't bad and neither is the service.

Visited May 2012