“Food OK but the cleanliness was BAD” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Keizer
Cuisines: Pizza, Sandwiches
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Abby's Pizza is a hometown tradition, with a family friend atmosphere, spacious seating, and the freshest ingredients available. Located on River Road North, our friendly staff are ready to provide you with truly legendary pizza and ah-mazing service. Come in and experience the best pizza Keizer has to offer!
Keizer, Oregon
“Food OK but the cleanliness was BAD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The wife and I ate here on Saturday 5/17/2014 for dinner. She was craving pizza and a salad bar. After trying Donnatello's on SE Commercial first and seeing that they no longer offer their pizza buffet and salad bar deal, we drove to Abbey's on River Road in Keizer. We ordered a medium 1/2 Abby's Special and 1/2 Hula Chick with 2 one-time salad bars. We were helped by the manager. When we got our salad plates straight out of the cooler they were room temperature. When we went to get our salads at least half of all the food containers were empty and it didn't look like the salad bar cart had been cleaned all day (our receipt said 5:13PM). There were spills and drips and all kinds of food bits in different containers. I asked the manager (who had come over next to the salad bar) if we could get some more lettuce and he walked in back and got a bowl of lettuce and dumped it into the salad bar container. Then when I mentioned that all lot of the other items were also empty he did make an effort to get someone from the back to come and take a look. But this seems like something that customer's should not have to ask about. When we sat at our table next to the eye-level partition, there was so much dust on it that we could draw pictures in it. Ditto for the napkin dispenser. It didn't look like a cleaning rag had touched it in quite a while. We've eaten at the Abbey's in Albany and Woodburn and have never seen those restaurants messy. It's disappointing that Abbey's doesn't have consistent standards for it's restaurants? Not sure if we will ever be back to the Keizer Abbey's after this visit. What a disappointment.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Doug P, Public Relations Manager at Abby's Legendary Pizza, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Paul -

A belated thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed and honest assessment of our restaurant. We are certain that you experienced an exception that day, instead of the operational rules we have in place. Should you find that the food presentation is not what you expect it to be, please bring it to the attention of our manager on duty so he/she can get it resolved for you in real time.

SALEM, OR
“Abby's Makes a Really Good Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great pizza, a little expensive but worth the money. There was a nice reserved area for the group I was with. I wish staff would have checked on our group once or twice to see if we needed anything, but I know the restaurant was busy. It is a nice place. Much better than most of their competition.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SalemSteve -

A belated thank you for taking the time to post your review of our restaurant. You said it well when you stated that it cost more, but it is well worth the money. That is exactly how we operate. Abundant toppings to the edge, hand-rolled fresh dough, and a legacy of 50 years. We're glad to have you as a customer and we hope you will be back often.
Salem, Oregon
“Best Pizza in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Typical pizza parlor setting with excellent pizza. Little more expensive than some, but worth the extra money. A bit loud which is to be expected of a pizza parlor full of families

Visited October 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Today was a disappointment.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I should know to stick with Pizza at a Pizza Parlor.

I ordered a "Wings Starter". When asked how many Wing Pieces came in a single order, the counter person told me ten. I also ordered an Abby's Italian Classic from their Hot Sandwich menu. The Sandwich was, in essence, a combo Pizza on a Bun. It was just OK. The Wings were not. Huge and tough. 7 in number, not 10 which, as it turned out, were plenty.

The fire was pleasant on such a blustery wet day. The hot water in the men's room was ridiculously slow in coming. They do not accept American Express.

I will give this Abby's an average overall rating today, as I know their Pizza is passable.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Just as I remember.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I grew up in Roseburg and hadn't had Abby's in over 12 years and hoped it was all I remembered, and it was! They have the best pizza and spurs ever and wish I could get it where I live now. They are a bit on the $$ side but since I and not there every day it was worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere