“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keizer
Sebring, Ohio
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This older hotel may not have modern decor or flashy linens but you truly feel like you are with
family. the staff is amazing and very willing to help assist you with all of your needs. breakfast was simple
but nice for a grab and go. the pool had a lot of chlorine but at least it was clean. i would hate to have to stay anywhere else while visiting.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This USED to be a Renaissance Inn but has recently been changed to a Quality Inn franchise or property. The signs for Renaissance are all covered over on the exterior of the building and the interior materials have been updated with the new branding.

That all being said this is a very solid 3 star hotel.

The interior appointments, from furnishings to decorating are all older. They're dated in appearance and show a number of years of use. They are perfectly in line with what I would expect from a 3 star hotel. In all honesty, the room decor and furnishings are my biggest drawbacks. Although I might mention that the AC was a bit clunky but that's not usually a concern in Oregon.

There were plenty of 'good' things to appreciate too-

Free Wifi. Its not fast, but its free. I've been to plenty of hotels that offer Wifi that is slower and have charged me for it.

Quiet rooms. We were on a 3rd floor room, but the noise from adjacent rooms and hallways were pretty well muted. Was impressed by that considering the age of the hotel.

Breakfast was solid. Lots of options, good warmers, and a very attentive bus boy in the dining area.

Overall, if I was looking for an inexpensive stay in the area, I'd go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ripon Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were on a trip to Seattle .found on the internet ,very pleased,great value.clean,good beds,everything was excellent will gladly return again.the new quality name was not up. .the location is very quiet. Good breakfast

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a wonderful 4-night stay at the Quality Suites located in Keizer, Oregon. We were a little concerned when it had changed from the Renaissance Inn to Quality Suites, but our fears were quickly unfounded. This hotel was quiet, comfortable, and the housekeeping staff could not have been better. We travel with dogs and it's very important to us that the room stays cool, even when we are not using it.

We were thrilled when we returned from the day and found that housekeeping had left the thermostat exactly where we had left it. Too many times at other hotels the air conditioning is shut off when housekeeping leaves the room.

The front office staff was wonderful and did not mind our two big dogs coming in through the lobby. This is a very friendly hotel and even the maintenance manager wanted to make sure our stay is a pleasant one. He apologized for the remodeling taking place on the second floor.

Our room had 2 brand new large flat screen televisions and a new bed. This room was as comfortable as any 4-star hotel we have been in. We had recommended this hotel to some friends of ours that were coming in to visit the dog show. They were just as pleased as we were with the hotel being so quiet. You would not know dogs were in some of the rooms.

We experienced a wonderful stay and we will be staying at the Quality Suites in Keizer rather than anywhere else in Salem.

Room Tip: Only one side has an exit if you like to use the stairs to leave.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Pacific Northwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When my family visits from out of town this is where they stay. It has easy access to Keizer & Salem & within walking distance of several restaurants. The morning breakfast seems to have a lot of variety with many people enjoying this perk.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit!! It has a pool!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel has undergone some severe remodeling and refurbishing in the past few months. The renaissance themed decor was kept which was a nice touch.
The staff for this hotel are friendly, helpful and open to suggestions. I was quite impressed with how committed the ones I spoke with were to making the Inn their Inn and a quality one. I did note that the housekeeping staff need more training in attention to detail.
Our Pacific Northwest Optimist District held their 3rd quarter meeting here this past weekend and I think it was a great choice.
The breakfast was good. A little light on Gluten Free alternatives, but much better than in some hotels.
I do want to add a little about the catering. I was quite impressed. My husband and I are wheat free and the staff were excellent about seeing that we got the Gluten Free alternative. I also liked the two buffet lines. Great idea. I hate still getting my food while most are done and the meeting is starting.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was very roomy and overlooked the courtyard area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Keizer Renaissance Inn used to be a nice place to stay and a place I recommended to others. It has new owners who have turned it into a Quality Inn and Suites. The hotel is going through remodeling, so I was trying to be more lenient with them. The room was dirty and the air conditioning did not work. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. I called from my phone, but nothing was done. When I went downstairs, there were two female employees on their cell phones. The ice machine on the second floor didn't work, so I was told to get it from a container on the first floor. It was a dingy ice chest of sorts with the scoop inside with the ice. Needless to say, I didn't want contaminated ice. I went to the store to purchase some. The next day held the same issues, so I was moved. The room was smaller, dirty, and had a stained love seat, but a working air conditioner. I talked with Janessa at the front desk. She was as accommodating and helpful as she could be. The only sunny spot of this experience was her. The manager was supposed to call me about my concerns, but had Janessa return my call instead. I don't recommend anyone staying here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!