“This Inn has recently joined the Choice Hotels family and is now Quality Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keizer
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel has undergone some severe remodeling and refurbishing in the past few months. The renaissance themed decor was kept which was a nice touch.
The staff for this hotel are friendly, helpful and open to suggestions. I was quite impressed with how committed the ones I spoke with were to making the Inn their Inn and a quality one. I did note that the housekeeping staff need more training in attention to detail.
Our Pacific Northwest Optimist District held their 3rd quarter meeting here this past weekend and I think it was a great choice.
The breakfast was good. A little light on Gluten Free alternatives, but much better than in some hotels.
I do want to add a little about the catering. I was quite impressed. My husband and I are wheat free and the staff were excellent about seeing that we got the Gluten Free alternative. I also liked the two buffet lines. Great idea. I hate still getting my food while most are done and the meeting is starting.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was very roomy and overlooked the courtyard area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Keizer Renaissance Inn used to be a nice place to stay and a place I recommended to others. It has new owners who have turned it into a Quality Inn and Suites. The hotel is going through remodeling, so I was trying to be more lenient with them. The room was dirty and the air conditioning did not work. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. I called from my phone, but nothing was done. When I went downstairs, there were two female employees on their cell phones. The ice machine on the second floor didn't work, so I was told to get it from a container on the first floor. It was a dingy ice chest of sorts with the scoop inside with the ice. Needless to say, I didn't want contaminated ice. I went to the store to purchase some. The next day held the same issues, so I was moved. The room was smaller, dirty, and had a stained love seat, but a working air conditioner. I talked with Janessa at the front desk. She was as accommodating and helpful as she could be. The only sunny spot of this experience was her. The manager was supposed to call me about my concerns, but had Janessa return my call instead. I don't recommend anyone staying here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Monique H, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2015
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Myrtle Creek, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I've always stayed at this hotel as the Keizer Renaissance Inn, and previously as the Wittenberg Inn. The hotel is now reincarnated as the Quality Suites of Keizer. A nice change it is.

I've traveled to Salem at a minimum quartely for a meeting. Occasionally, employment-related training brings me here, too.

Without going into with what was wrong with the Keizer Renaissance, here is what is now RIGHT with Quality Suites...

Softer towels are very nice!

Two full bars of soap as opposed to a miniature bar.

Real shampoo instead of the pump dispenser in the shower is a plus!

Breakfast is still a plus and here is the top change:

Big flat-screen TVs in the rooms and wonderful new beds!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I slept like a baby all night on the lovely new bed! You will, too!

Once the staff get the new computer system down to second nature, things will be even better. Hopefully the carpet will be changed, too. The lobby is already looking much better.

I've never had anything bad to say about the old hotel, it's always been convenient and the staff was SUPER friendly. I have to admit, though, the re-branding to Quality Suites has been a plus I plan to enjoy quarterly at a minimum!

Room Tip: Depending on the final pricing, ask for an "Executive King" if that is what they are still...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gresham, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked this hotel because it had nice reviews and a good price. I was aware the rooms were dated and the hotel was in the process of renovation, however it was not to the level of cleanliness I read in the reviews. First, management did not update on the website that the spa/swimming area was still under construction.. it was to be completed by Feb.14th( subject to change) I was staying on the 23rd. So they should have updated that online. I was offered a discount for this, which I accepted. The room was big..which was nice and but very dated .I think they should work on upgrading the rooms over the lobby for their guests. When I first checked in my room it did not smell, however when my daughter and I turned in for the night our room became overwhelmed with a strong odor of cigarette smoke and started to give us headaches. I called to the front desk. The gentleman said he could bring a machine up to our room that could help with the smell (and a fragrance spray... what could be worse than the smell of cigarettes coated with fragrance...uughhh) ...I was very weary of this as the smell was so strong. I asked him if the machine made noise, he said yes a humming sound. I told him that was not acceptable and he needed to come into the room and smell for himself. The smell seemed to come from a vent in our bathroom. He did come up and I could tell from his reaction that it was worse than he had thought. He did offer us another room that I accepted immediately. Our second room had dirt of some sort on the wall by the toilet paper in the bathroom...yick...and my night stand had some left over food stains that had hardened and ran down the side....yuck. Carpet had stains but was vacuumed. Breakfast was average. I would not go back again...even with the discount.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced including room cleanliness, cigarette smoke and our hotel construction. We sincerely apologize for the stress and inconvenience this may have caused you. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We truly hope you will stay with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations.
Stanwood, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Now I know why this is the #1 rated hotel in Keizer. It's the only hotel in Keizer. I guess it's not bad, it was clean which is important. However, it's really tired, needs some maintenance and the cleaners left a dirty rag on the VERY clean bathroom floor, which kind of ruined it for me. The breakfast was mediocre at best although the did have one of the flip/rotate waffle makers. That always makes the day better. If you have to stay in Keizer then stay here. It's the only option.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The location is in the center of Keizer and only a few miles from my family and I stayed for 3 days. The room was large but oddly laid out. A large double sink vanity with a bright fluorescent light was along one wall of the sitting area. Then the bed is over near the window and the heat/air unit - I prefer quiet and dark for sleeping, so this layout did not work well for me. They only have one person on duty on the desk and they really can't leave this area if you need assistance. There was also a big difference in the quality of the person on duty. One great, one bad and the others so-so. The plusses were the size of the room, the location and the quality of the breakfast. The negatives were lack of customer service, cheap linens (rough sheets, scratchy towels) and weird layout. There are many other choices for hotels but they are about 15 - 20 minutes away in Salem. If you want to be in Keizer then this is much easier than commuting to Salem each day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!