“Truly delightful! A must stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Country Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joseph
Creekside Country Haven
You added Creekside Country Haven to your Saves list
83965 W Lewis Lane, Joseph, OR 97846   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Joseph B&B and Inns
Raleigh, NC
“Truly delightful! A must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

It’s actually interesting because my original plans were not to stay here, as I had booked a stay at A Barking Mad Farm. Well upon my check in, I was told there was an overbooking but they would drive me out to some friends who were just starting up a B&B. Not knowing that I really had an option, with the shock of it all, I hopped in my car and followed – over to what was at the time, the still unnamed, Creekside Country Haven B&B. Dan & Nancy Holub are incredible people and it’s amazing what a great visit it became. I was their only guest that evening, and they welcomed me in like I was part of the family. A delicious dinner prepared for me which I enjoyed eating with them while outside enjoying the amazing surrounds. They are on a terrific piece of property, incredibly quiet and views all around. The whole Wallowa Lake area is a true hidden gem, and Joseph is itself a real treat and just a short drive away. I still think it’s a virtual unknown to most of America, but that’s okay cause I like it that way! Dan & Nancy made me feel right at home. After a delicious supper and great conversation, simply plopped on the couch among their company in the living room and watched TV that night in tandem with some more wonderful conversation. Sure, I could of gone to my room but they really are such friendly people and wonderful to talk to, that I wanted to be among their company. After just a few hours, I already felt like family. Later that night, they did have a young couple arrive, meaning I would have company at the breakfast table the following morning. My room was terrific, bed was great, shower too. The breakfast was out of this world! Then me and my fellow guests were led into a separate building out the back of the house, to hear about Motley Brew, homegrown coffee which Nancy is quite passionate about. It was quite neat to hear about the whole process. Upon leaving, Dan had given me a great tip about a wonderfully scenic backroad to take, the Imnaha River Road, as I was on my way to Hells Canyon, and the drive was one of the most memorable I’ve ever been on. Truly backroads, with all the twist and turns and river beside me. Just terrific. I really can’t say enough nice things about this little piece of paradise in what is really a hidden gem of America. Truly great genuine people in an idyllic setting and a great stay as well, definitely earning my most enthusiastic recommendation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
creek01, Owner at Creekside Country Haven, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
It was our pleasure to enjoy your company in our first season of business! Thank you for such positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

beautiful setting, quiet, clean, comfortable - welcoming, generous and informative innkeeper

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Your feedback is important to us - thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at Creekside Country Haven, just outside of Joseph, Oregon. Nancy made us feel very welcome and “at home.” The rooms are very clean and comfortable with private baths. The breakfast was great. The location was perfect for our visit to the Wallowa Lake and Mountain area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
I love to make people feel "at home' - thank you for your positive review!
Buhl, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and I had the great fortune to find Nancy and her Creekside Country Haven B&B while taking our first trip to Joseph, Oregon. We have a small family member Dori, a Chihuahua, who was as welcome as we were. The room was very clean, as the rest of the house was, and the bed was just comfortable. We had her own bathroom and shower that had a skylight. Everything was fresh and new. It was very pet friendly and the lawn and surroundings were beautiful. Meadows filled with horses. Mountains covered with trees. And a creek runs through it all.
Breakfast was treat that everyone enjoyed. Dori even got a homemade dog biscuit that she thought was delicious. Our breakfast was even better than Dori's. Besides having great food, we had a wonderful morning with sunshine and coffee outside on her patio. All they can say is thank you Nancy and I hope to see you again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I love having the pets - they are such a big part of the family! Thank you for posting your review.
Prineville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Not really, but I want to write it anyway.

This was my first B & B experience, so I was both nervous & skeptical. After all, we were going to be sleeping in a stranger's house! Weird things could happen. Bates Motel kinda stuff.

One of the first things I noticed (after the stating of the rules by Nancy) was how extrordinarily clean everything was. We like that, but still, weird things can happen in clean places.

That evening, before we retired, we shared some wine with Nancy. Mind you, it was our wine, because you never know what the host at the Bates Motel might slip into your drink. Much to my surprise, the conversation was great. Nancy never let on she might be a serial killer.

After getting comfortably, socially intoxicated I decided to go to bed and close both eyes. That bed was so dang comfy, I didn't want to waste the opportunity for a good night's sleep; not for a little thing like worrying a hatchet murderer was in the next room.

You don't have to be Sherlock to figure out I made it through the night (so did Michelle, my fiancé) I was beginning to think Nancy was either a very clever serial killer, or just a nice person. Breakfast would tell.

I ate a delicious breakfast served by a (seemingly) gracious host. As I waited for the poison to kick-in, it came to me: There's no poison, no hatchet, nothing but a great person in Nancy!

After our 3 day stay I came away away with a whole new attitude, and 3 extra pounds. Hmmm, maybe Nancy intends to kill me with kindness. What a way to go!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
What a great sense of humor - thanks for taking the time to post your review!
Chehalis, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I spent 4 nights from Sep. 13 through the 16th at this most accommodating B&B. Nancy is a wonderful proprietor with the Gift of Hospitality in full force! Her breakfasts were second to none, the coffee is exceptional, (she roasts her own!) and she goes the extra mile in every way to make your stay as relaxing and comfortable as possible. The property is just North of town, with very comfortable rooms and a nice view of the Wallowa Mountain Range. Everything you need for a great experience. We'll be staying here again at the first opportunity.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed the home roasted coffee! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again.
Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was our first stay at the Creekside Country Haven in Joseph, Oregon. We had the "Golden Room". Our Hosts Dan & Nancy were the greatest. They made us feel welcome and part of the family. Our room was exceptionally clean, bright, roomy and had a private bath. The bed was perfect for the end of a long (and I mean LONG ride on our Harley). Breakfast was superb! Coffee excellent. Surroundings peaceful, quiet, and serene. We would recommend this to everyone! Jerry & Jody H.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Even the couch was comfy! Thank you for review - your comments are appreciated. See you again!

Been to Creekside Country Haven? Share your experiences!