“Great food in a comfortable atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho
“Great food in a comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family and I visited Joseph for Thanksgiving weekend. Caldera's offered great food, interesting selection, and attentive service. My only complaint - the live music was way too loud. For an intimate, romantic, small building...it was just too much, In fact, I don't remember my precise meal (just that it was good) because I was so distracted and overwhelmed by the volume.

If you don't care for live/loud music--ask before you make reservations!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars

Central Point, Oregon
“Triple Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We had read about Calderas in Sunset magazine, and decided to see if it was as good as indicated. It was everything they said, and more. The interior was intriging, and the food and service was first class. My husband had the pork chops, and I ordered the special ~ a pot roast with mashed pumpkin potatos drizzled with chive oil. Wonderful!! My husband doesn't care for sweet potatos, but loved this mixture (we share meals). I suspect its going to be at our holday table forever more.
Be warned, the dining area is small. Make reservations do avoid being disappointed. Also, allow time to enjoy the meal. Desserts are out of this world good.

Bend, oregon, USA
“Fantastic atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I am an atmosphere junky, and this place has it! The interior is gorgeous and makes you feel as though you want to spend the entire evening in this little gem of a restaurant. Good food isn't easy to come by in rural communities, but Calderas really knocks it out of the park. We had their pumpkin-chive soup, spinach salad and a flatbread and all were delicious. We'll be back!

• Visited October 2011
portland oregon
“Food OK but service really slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had dinner, and had high expectations...the decor is lovely, and the woman at the bar was very nice and pretty sophisticated. It turned out she was doing absolutely everything: tending bar and serving all the tables in the restaurant on a busy evening. She was very pleasant, but the service was extremely slow, for obvious reasons. The final negative was that when the sun went down, the interior of the restaurant was very dark. I could hardly see my food. I think visible food is a vital safety factor, even at home. Caldera should (1) hire more wait staff, and (2) turn up the wattage!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Graeagle, CA
“Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had a great meal at a gorgeous restaurant. Great service and a very friendly atmosphere. We would highly recommend it when you are visiting Joseph, Oregon.