“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed at the Wine Country Inn for three days and I had a great time. The room was quiet, clean, and spacious and was a short walk to downtown Jacksonville. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending good places to eat and fun things to do in the area. I especially liked the tables and chairs in the shade which was a perfect place to relax outside and have a coffee and read. I think the hotel was a very good value for the money and my dog enjoyed it as well!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

On a recent business trip to Medford, I stumbled upon a really great secret called Jacksonville. I've grown weary of the same box Motels in Medford and decided to give Jacksonville a try. All I can say is that form now on I will stay only in Jacksonville. I called Country House Inns after surfing the web and spoke to Michael. Michael was so accommodating and gracious. He suggested I try one of the "Wine Cottages" right in the heart of Jacksonville. I couldn't have been more pleased. My cottage was charming, clean and boy did I sleep. Michael suggested some wonderful restaurants all of which were great! He also suggested I try the hiking trails that surround Jacksonville and told me all about the town and the local wineries, entertainment and interesting things to do. I want to encourage anyone coming to Southern Oregon for business (or pleasure) to give Jacksonville and Country House Inns a try. Michael even signed me up for the Country Club rates and now I am really hooked! I look forward to my next business trip.......I really do!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We booked rooms at McCully House Inn several years ago. We stayed upstairs in the room at the front of the house. At the time it was called Mrs. McCully's suite, or something like that. Our friends stayed upstairs in the back of the house where the roof slants downward. We had a wonderful stay in Jacksonville, riding the horse drawn carriage, visiting the shops and having a delicious dinner. We had dessert at a table on the lawn at McCully House before retiring to our rooms. For awhile, we heard the sounds of staff cleaning and shutting down the restaurant. Eventually, we heard the last worker leave the premises and settled in for the night. Just as I was drifting off, I heard the loud squeak of a door opening - in our room. I sat bolt upright in the bed and screamed that someone was in our room. My husband stumbled out of the huge four poster bed in the darkness and found the light. Both the closet and bathroom door were firmly closed. We had our luggage on a stand in our room and hadn't even opened the closet door since we arrived. I demanded that he open the closed closet door to make sure someone wasn't hiding in there. Of course, there was no one in the closet, but it made a loud squeaking sound when he opened it. It was the same sound I had heard moments before. Needless to say, we kept the light on all night and I didn't close my eyes once. In the morning, our friends reported a restful and quiet night. At my insistence, we visited the cemetery that morning to pay our respects to Mrs. McCully. I contacted McCully house when we returned home to inquire if anyone else had ever had commented on strange events in that bedroom. They did not reply. We recently visited Jacksonville again in June 2011. The McCully Inn was closed, as was the restaurant. The gardens were gorgeous, with peonies, sweet william, roses and shrubs in full bloom. We spent time in the adirondack chairs reflecting on our last visit there. Pictures online indicate that the rooms have all been remodeled and I see no mention of any named for Mrs. McCully. It was, and is, a charming inn that once was home to Mrs. McCully and her children. I don't know if it was Mrs. McCully who wandered our room that night, or if things have quieted down since the recent remodel. I do know that it was a beautiful inn and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
West Jordan, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Pros:
Pretty clean until I found the ring around the front of the tub.
Easy access to room.
Very nice front desk person at check in.
Cable TV.
Good barbecue place up the road.
Air conditioning worked.

Cons:
Beds were hard for me. Other person in our party thought they were comfortable.
Noise was awful. Was sure I could hear the people in the next room breathe and it was hard to sleep with their laughter and talking at midnight. No one at hotel after 9pm to complain to.
Ring in the tub.
Continental breakfast...is really a continental breakfast. If you are diabetic or eating healthy, plan on going to a restaurant.
No phone in room.
No microwave in room.
No coffeepot in room.

All in all, if this were the only place to stay and my other option was the car, I would probably stay here again. At least it didn't have roaches!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

It is my job to provide lodging for recuits and business persons traveling to the Medford area. I recently had the opportunity, along with colleagues, to have a tour of the Jacksonville properties, hosted by Michael Davis, their director of sales and marketing. Michael really knows his product and also knows all of the fun spots and highlights of Jacksonville. We toured all of their Jacksonville properties, including McCully House Inn, Stage Lodge, Reames House, the Pine Cottage and The Wine Cottages. We were lucky enough to arrange for rooms at the Reames House for a Saturday night. There were 4 of us and we each had our own lovely, nicely decorated bedroom with separate sitting area. The common area consisted of a living room, dining room and kitchen. It had a lovely garden patio in the back and was close to paths that lead to the Britt. All of their properties are unique and generously appointed. . . . Aveda products in the bathroom! We visited local shops with everything from kitchen supplies to boutique clothing (and friendly service); lunched at C Street Bistro on yummy food prepared by chef Paul Becking, who once worked with Julia Child; and had dinner at the Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus with excellent German food and exceptional service. For an added adventure, you could take a Segway tour of the town. Michael was the greatest host, and we all had a grand time. When you want that extra spepcial home away from home, visit Jacksonville and stay at one of County House Inns properties. You will be so glad you did!

Room Tip: Be sure to call in advance!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed in The Reames House B & B and it was fabulous! Great location, within walking distance to delicious restaurants and fun, ecclectic shopping. There are four rooms all with their own bathroom and each had a clawfoot tub! The beds were comfy with down comforters and there are coffee makers in each room. Free wifi with no password needed..nice! There is one TV in the main room, which was never turned on for us as there is way too much to see and do in Jacksonville! There are other properties within the Country House Inns and we were able to see a few of the other properties. With all the great options they have, I plan on getting "away" as often as I can.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

What a great way to relax and feel like your are devouring the most delicious taste of peace that you could find, even if it was just for one night. We wanted to stay longer; we did not want to leave. Michael took very special care of us and we would definitely recommend this room again. Absolutely Amazing! Jacksonville is a great place to if you want to just get away for a day or two, but it is just a couple of minutes from Medford or Ashland. Of course we would have stayed even longer if time allowed!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country House Inns Jacksonville? Share your experiences!