“Jacksonville Inn outdoor court yard is a great place to eat in summer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacksonville Inn Dining House

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Gresham, Oregon
“Jacksonville Inn outdoor court yard is a great place to eat in summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Jacksonville Inn outdoor court yard is probably my favorite place to eat in Jacksonville. I visit Jacksonville once each year in the summer, and this is one place I don't miss. The food is always good, and the outdoor court yard atmosphere is a big plus. Last time I went, I was very happy with my meal. A great secret I learned for me, is to ask for the Bistro menu, which is a reduced and simplified menu that is also cheaper, albeit the portions are somewhat smaller, which is okay with me, who is a senior. Last time I asked for the salmon which was wild and prepared excellently, though smaller than I would have gotten if I had order off the full Restaurant menu, but again that was okay, I definitely did not go away hungry. Additionally the wine that was recommended to me was very good and very inexpensive, a white mildly sweet wine and only $3.95 which I thought was amazing (could have been $4.95, but think it was actually $3.95). Each year I continue to be happy, and return the next year.

• Visited July 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Old beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We chose to dine in the basement of this150+ year old hotel. Our table sat next to an old restored brick wall. The setting is very rustic, but the service and food are very upscale. The menu has innovative choices, as well as standards. Our host had a well prepared steak with pepper steak, I had a very flaky and tender piece of fish. I don't remember the name of the appetizer, but it looks like crème brulee--with the crusted top. However, it is made with blue cheese. Delicious! The atmosphere is warm and comfortable, and there is also a choice of outdoor seating that is lovely.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is an upscale restaurant, and served very good food. It was a little pricey or I'd give it 5 stars. The atmosphere was set up to be a formal restaurant, but they seated us with casual clothes on and made no mention a dress code. the service was excellent.

Visited July 2014
Gresham, Oregon
“Keep up Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I come here every year and eat out on their patio, while on vacation. The flowers and little white lights keep up the ambience. When we go there we ask for the bistro menu, (the cost is a bit more reasonable). I had the hazelnut encrusted prawns, (I hope they will have them again next year) they were the best. My husband had wild king salmon which was excellent, and again very inexpensive from the same (bistro) menu.
Our waitress was very pleasant, which helps towards the whole dining experience.
Sundays are less crowded than Fridays and Saturdays and more relaxing. The Jacksonville Inn dining house is a big plus for Jacksonville....and they do catering too, if your ever need a caterer....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Sumptuous and inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The food is great. Almost everything on the menu is good. There is just a lot of food. We had the famous blue cheese creme brûlée appetizer and it was as good as advertised. I had the sole, my wife had the hazelnut chicken and our friend had the halibut. It was all so good but there was so much to eat that we wished we had not ordered the cream brûlée appetizer. The service was good. The lady at the piano bar just kept playing great background music without a break.