“Helpful service from young staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 17 things to do in Jacksonville
Medford, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Helpful service from young staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a less than satisfactory experience while trying to join their wine club and sign up for a special dinner with Fiasco. The owners were away and the staff was left "adrift" in their absence. Marlena is a real jewel and a terrific employee. She listened to me and turned me around with her understanding and help. Naturally she cannot make decisions for management but she did her best under trying circumstances and did everything she could.
Oh, the wines are good too.

Visited August 2013

Lake Oswego, Oregon
41 attraction reviews
“Terrific Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvingnon and very nice lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a great place to visit over the lunch hour as, in addition to tastings, you can have a very nice lunch. We loved the Tempranillo and the Viognier and the Cab was also terrific. The brisket sandwich is first class and we paired it with a carprese salad that had wonderful tomatoes, diced mozerella and a nice basalmic. One of the owners (Pamela) was very nice and very knowledgeable about local wines. The grounds are a wonderful family place with an area of kids toys and tables and chairs.

Visited June 2013
Mount Shasta, California, United States
“Misrepresented”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This experience was a disappointment. On-line, and through a paragliding connection, the winery is advertised to be accomodating, friendly, and family-like. We experienced quite the opposite. We went there to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. The surprise was spoiled by the waitress and the friendly accomodation was completely absent.

The plan was to eat lunch there, and then have surprise birthday cake and presents. Prior to the day, I attempted to contact the owners about this plan several times on the phone and via email, and no one ever got back to me. After the paragliding flight that landed on a field near the winery they boast about having a celebratory glass of wine for the flyer, and being greeted and well taken care of. But no one did any of that --no one even knew what was going on, so obviously there is a lack of communication with the people they are doing business with.

So, upon arrival, I informed the owner of the plan, and she placed the cake in the fridge. Though, the owner had been notified about the surprise when placing it in their fridge, she failed to communicate it to her waitress. And after lunch, the waitress looked right at my husband and asked him what she should do about the cake in the fridge! Unknowingly, he shrugged his shoulders and looked at me. I was stunned and couldn't say anything. I couldn't believe it! We were coming from out of town, had spent the night in a hotel, I had to order, pick up the cake, and transport it all secretly.

I had spent a significant amount of energy keeping the cake and presents a secret, and was very disheartened to experience someone's careelessness regarding this.

I waitressed many years in college, and often not everything is communicated between kitchen and serving staff and management, and in those situations you use your best judgement. So, bluntly said, You have to be an idiot to not make the connection between cake in fridge and surprise, plus wife notifying you of husband's birthday celebration.....I mean seriously....duh! Anyway, the worst was how it was handled. I went to pay our bill and before leaving I calmly told the waitress that I wasn't sure if she was aware of how much effort I had put into keeping the cake a surprise and she responded flipantly with a look of discust on her face as though she had too much pride to admit she screwed up, and said rudely: "Well, I didn't know." (Even if it was an honest mistake, out of maturity and compassion you can still respond sympathetically) All the while, the owner stood behind the counter pretending to be busy, saying nothing.
I was peaceful, said nothing and left. (If there is a next time with someone else, they probably will get someone who is mean and loud spoken and they'll appreciate my tolerance)

You only turn 40 once. And we had come from far out of town to celebrate and pulling this off wasn't easy, and to have someone ruin it out of sheer idiocy and carelessness was a bummer.

It's surely clear that we will definetely not be returning, nor recommend this for anyone. Also, there wine is so-so. It also doesn't match the representation, nor merit their audacious and arrogant behavior. Not much to be proud of there! The chef, however, making the pizza is great! He ought to find a more comparable employer.

Visited June 2013
“Rip off!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stopped there a few times and enjoyed the place and wine so much I had 6 bottles shipped home for an upcoming event. They sent the wrong wine ( of course it was awful, a cheap red) and I have tried for 3 wks to get any response and not an email or phone call! Terrible business people!!! They should be a shame stealing from me since I paid for more expensive wine and can't get a phone call.

Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
“A jewel hidden in the Applegate Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a wonderful spot to sip old world style wine while watching paragliders and hang gliders leep off from the top of the mountain from Woodrat and Whaleback and glide down on the Applegate Valley. Every time we stop by the kids head out to the back and start swinging on the swing or play with some outside toys or explore around the creek near by.

Visited September 2012