“The Jacksonville Inn was wonderful, I highly recommend you stay there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacksonville Inn

Special Price
20%-30% off all lodging.
Ranked #4 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Walnut Creek, California
“The Jacksonville Inn was wonderful, I highly recommend you stay there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed in one of the Cottages one night and one of the regular rooms the 2nd night. Both rooms were adorable and romantic. They have this skylight over the spa tub in the cottage that was incredible. The service was friendly and helpful, We had dinner in the room next to the bar and the food was great . If you are a wine lover like us, I suggest you tour the wine room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sonoma, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We booked a cottage and had high hopes with our first visit to the Jacksonville area. We loved the town and had some great meals there (including a dinner at the Jacksonville Inn). However, our cottage was tired and grubby. Stains on the carpet and on the sofabed. There was very little natural or other light, so the whole place felt dark and dingy. It was not particularly clean either, with worrisome brown spotting on the bathroom walls. The bed was extremely uncomfortable -- with a dip in the middle into which I and my partner rolled continually. Every time one of us moved, the whole bed creaked and groaned. The cottage backed onto a major road, and the traffic trundled by loudly not 20 feet from the headboard. We checked out early. We will return to visitJacksonville, and also hopefully dine again at this inn's restaurant. However, we will not stay overnight at this inn, which (at $300 per night) was incredibly over priced. On the plus side, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and food at the restaurant was very, very good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

My fiance and I really needed a get-away weekend and Jacksonville was our destination. Our stay at the Jacksonville Inn was delightful. The history of the town itself is intriguing and we spent the better part of a day walking along the historic streets, stopping in the various shops and talking with the local merchants. My favorite part of the trip was exploring the local pioneer cemetery-so much history there! The meal we had for dinner at the Jacksonville Inn was one of the best I've ever had. I don't know who the chef is, but the smells coming from the kitchen were intoxicating and the butternut squash soup was the BEST soup I've ever had. The caramelized onion and BBQ chicken pizza appetizer was to die for. The rest of the meal was impressive as well. We were seated next to the piano player and she played beautifully - a nice touch. The bartender (Brandi) made the tastiest lemon drop martinis (with a raspberry!) yum. We stayed in Room #1, which was quaint, comfy and close to everything. The complimentary coffee and biscotti in the hallway each morning were a total plus! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Everywhere, Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Everything at this Inn was great!! Our room was very clean and had quality amenities. The staff was warm and welcoming at the inn and the restaurant. The location of the Inn couldn't be better. It is right in the heart of Jacksonville! The wine list was extensive, and the restaurant was delicious. When we return to Jacksonville, the Jacksonville Inn is the only place we will stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Algonac, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Jacksonville Inn is in a great historic town that takes you back to the gold rush era, and the Inn fits into this scene perfectly. We stayed at one of the cottages which was reminiscent of this time and very elegant. The Inn is very Victorian and extremely comfortable at the same time. I especially like the Restaurant with its great food and wine list The staff makes you feel at home and everyone there is really friendly--you can't help but have a great time. Of course,one of the plus point is that you can walk back to your lodging without driving from the Restaurant as well as many other local places.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I was doing business in Medford, Oregon and Jacksonville is just 10 minutes away so I thought I would spend my night there.
I love traveling when my business travel turns into a vacation, I even extended my stay!
Jacksonville is an adorable western town filled with boutique shopping and I picked the best place to stay by far!
The food was delicious.
The service was so amazing (being solo sometimes can be different)
My room had a jacuzzi tub, it was spotlessly clean and extreemly comfortable!
My next stay hopefully will be in the Presidents Suite (they were so kind to let me see a few of the other rooms)! Seriously, you can't go wrong in any of the rooms.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

The Jacksonville Inn thinks very highly of itself and we could not figure out why. The small rooms are outdated and musty and they cost way more then they should for the value you get. The smell in the rooms is a combination of old room, mold and everything ever cooked in the restaurant below! It is especially pungent when fish is being cooked.

Access to the rooms is a stairway off of an alley filled with multiple large bright yellow pest strips, each covered with hundreds of dead flies...GROSS!

I've lived in this area for years and never understood the appeal of the overpriced restaurant and wine shop at the J'ville Inn. A better quality and variety of food is avaialble at many places within walking distance of the Inn. Wine is so plentiful in the valley there is no point spending extra just to buy it at the Jacksonville Inn.

We stayed here as a weekend get away and thought we'd try this place... It was disapointing and overpriced. Although we were greeted with friendly enough service when we arrived it was not the same when checking out. The man at the wine shop (where you pay your room bill) couldn't be bothered to even pause his telephone conversation long enough to ask us about our stay. We appeared to be bothering him with our presence and wanting to pay. I've been told the man on the phone was the J'ville Inn's owner!

I would not come back or recommend it to our out of town guests.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Jacksonville Inn? Share your experiences!