“Excellent food and the best service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Idleyld Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idleyld Park
Idleyld Lodge
You added Idleyld Lodge to your Saves list
PO Box 98, 23834 N Umpqua Hwy, Idleyld Park, OR 97447 (Formerly Idleyld Park Lodge & Restaurant)   |
Roseburg
“Excellent food and the best service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My friend and I had lunch there yesterday and the bbq pulled pork is to die for....the food was excellent and Ron was wonderful!!!! Very nice and amazingly friendly....beautiful surroundings. I definitely have put Idleyld lodge on the top of my places to go eat and enjoy good company and excellent service!!!!! Great job Ron and family!!!!! God Bless you all!!!

Room Tip: These people and food are down right the Best!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Astoria, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Much enjoyed our stay at the Lodge. My daughter and I were there to fish the N. Umpqua in a spot not 1/4 mile distant from the lodge. I caught a steelhead and my daughter caught a spring chinook. The staff at the lodge were extremely and went out of their way to make sure to our comfort/needs. The lodge is also conveniently located just across the highway from the Idleyld Park Store.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Ordinary lodge with an extraordinary service. Glad we chose this place to spent our short getaway in Oregon. Comfy bed, great food. We had several meals (breakfast n dinner), and enjoyed every one of them. (The best Pancakes!!). We had a fun time chatting with the owner, so friendly. Definitely will swing by next time we are in the area. Thank you for your great hospitality!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a quick dinner when we went through Glide. We thought we had passed all the restaurants when we spotted the open sign at the Idleyde Lodge. We almost didn't go in. It would have been a huge mistake. From the second we got out of the car, two family members outside the lodge made us feel so very welcome. Ron met us at the door and made us feel instantly at home. The food was exceptional. May I recommend the pulled pork. So yummy. We will definatly be back. Thanks so much. I only regret we don't live closer and that they don't deliver.

• Stayed June 2013
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We wanted a quick breakfast before heading to Eugene for our flight home. The manager at the Dogwood Motel suggested this little hidden place for just that. We completely enjoyed the meal. I had the breakfast burrito and my hubby had the Belgium Waffle. We had the chance to chat with the owner and shared with him how nice the service we received. Very reasonably priced menu for adults and children alike. Definitely will stop by next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: We did not spend the night here, just had a nice meal.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

WOWZA! A wonderful, hearty, tasty, and leisurely lunch! We almost passed right by the establishment but my sister-in- law saw the open sign! Much to our delight, this was a great call! Yummy desserts too! Great entertainment! A good time was had by all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I spent many of my childhood years in Glide and have seen the ownership of the Lodge change hands many times. For too long, this place has been misguided and disconnected from its true purpose in the community. I am thrilled to say it has finally got its groove back. Walking in there the other day, I saw the same old dining area-- updated and clean, filled with that same old buzz of families and couples sharing a meal. It was as if I was escorted back 20 years... I toured the rooms and instantly noticed the attention to detail-- the little decorations that give a hint of flair. The new owners have big plans for the place-- a music and comedy venue, a local tavern, "reasonably priced accommodations," a la Twin Peaks. I will be a steady patron of this place whenever I am in town. Happy to have it back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Idleyld Lodge? Share your experiences!