“Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar, Organic
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Featuring an imported Italian wood fire oven, the cafe specializes in rustic and inventive pizzas, seasonal chef's entrees, hearty soups, a grilled burger and salmon, crispy wood-fired chicken and our famous Moroccan Beef Stew. The cafe also serves culinary-inspired cocktails, 11 rotating local microbrews, ciders and house wine on tap. Patio seating and kid's play area too!
Peshastin, Washington
“Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We are always blown away by the quality of food that Solstice produces. We have visited Solstice a lot over the last 6 years and have always been delighted to return and support the great restaurant. We spent a lot of evenings after our rafting trips on the White Salmon River at Solstice when they were located in Bingen, WA but are happy to see they have relocated and expanded a bit and moved just across the river to Hood River, OR. Their new location right on the water front is gorgeous and it seems like the Hood River community has welcomed them with open arms. Our favorite is the Country Girl Cherry but have also tried almost ever other option of pizza they make, and love them all. They have great salads and I would highly recommend the Moroccan stew they make. YUMMY! We will be heading down to the Gorge for a meeting this week and will be eating at Solstice again so we can get our "fix" until we make our way down to raft this Summer. Check them out if you haven't already, you won't be disappointed and chances are you will find a new favorite restaurant in Hood River.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hood River, Oregon
“Fresh, Seasonal, and Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The fresh, local, seasonal food is amazing! Great grilled veggies, soups, salads, and specialty menu items. And the pizza?!?! Nothing better than a pizza cooked in a wood fired oven! Whether you're a vegetarian, carnivore, or gluten-free (YES, they have gluten free pizza!!) you'll find something you love on the menu. Children's play area, stocked bar, local beers and wine, and a great view down at the riverfront. I'll bring all my visiting family and friends here, for sure. It's a WIN!

Portland, Oregon
“Hearty gourmet and warm atmosphere after a day on the mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Solstice is my go to place for a good meal, tasty drink and warm atmosphere after a day of snow shoeing on the mountain. Why? For one, the food's hearty and hits the spot. And its not just the pizza mind you. Often times it's difficult to decide what to eat given the creativity of the specials the kitchen whips up.

The drink "menu" has expanded since moving to HR due to a new full bar. I love the Solstice cocktail - just sweet enough to get things started. I'm a red wine drinker, and they always seem to have something that pairs well with my lunch / dinner (I live in Portland so getting to the cafe for brunch is difficult).

The staff have never been anything but friendly - even shortly after opening in HR, there was a mistake on our order but they were quick to take it back and replace it.

Even when the cafe is crazy busy, they're "no hassles, no problem". Ask any question about anything on the menu and you'll find the staff knowledgeable if you're undecided (not so for a bunch of places in Portland where the wait staff has to go back and ask the kitchen about what's on the menu, if there's nuts or any allergens in the meal, etc).

In comparison to a few other local eateries in HR, I find Solstice's menu more creative and seasonally inspired without breaking your wallet. I've brought friends and family and no one has been disappointed.

Hood River, Oregon
“Localvore, local love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Solstice is my definite go to on a few levels now. I always liked the Bingen location, comfy vibe, healthy options, and kid friendly atmosphere. But with the new Hood River location things have amped up a bit. The food is still great, very kid friendly, and with the fabulous new build out I can take my daughter out to eat and feel like I am at a nicer restaurant. Super relaxed, happy hour is great, and the set up of the dining room makes it easy for myself to relax while I can see my daughter in the kids area. Kids or no kids, Solstice is super enjoyable, with incredibly friendly and down to earth staff, and great food/drinks. Its hard to create an environment to suit all but they do it just right.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Dalles, Oregon, United States
“Casual Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Food always tastes better with good friends; and, Solstice promotes this type of experience. With a view of the Columbia River and it's activity and informal dining patrons are immediately put at ease. The food is fresh, tasty and unique. A full bar provides well prepared concoctions and local beers. And, oh yes, the key lime/coconut pie is made by their baker who has "nailed" it! Do save room for dessert! With the friendly staff, good view, and excellent food Solstice is the place to go!