“Local coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dessert
Salem, Oregon
“Local coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Excellent coffee with free refill! Scones were good, too. This small shop is busy with locals, most getting take-out.

Visited April 2014

“Great Coffee, Okay Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We went because this is rated #1 on TA. The coffee was great. Our order was 'missed' but we saw our food given to another couple. She complained because it wasn't her gluten free order. Somehow our order and the order from the couple behind us were missed. It feels a little awful when a blonde gluten free dieting customer gets much more of an apology (and food much more promptly) than the Spanish speaking couple behind us. I commend my fiancé, he made this a great experience. My memory will not easily be erased.

Visited May 2014
DoppioHR, Owner at Doppio Coffee, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience last Saturday. I was personally working on that day and we were dealing with some issues with our POS system, as well as the printer that prints out the tickets. Some orders did get lost and confused, and for that I offer my sincerest apologies. We also happened to be very busy at that time, and I was not able to apologize to those who were affected as much as I wanted to. We hope you will give us another chance to impress you with our service upon your next visit to Hood River!
PS-The woman you are referring to has Celiac disease. She is allergic to gluten, and she was accidentally served a sandwich on regular bread instead of gluten free bread. Depending on her level of intolerance, her reaction can potentially be very dangerous. This was the reason for the profuse apology that may have seemed just for her.
Chicago, Illinois
“Latte with art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best latte and latte art I had had in a very long time. Be patient if lines are long. It is worth it.

• Visited April 2014
ALEXANDRIA
“Best cup of coffee ever imho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

While in Hood River performing some training for their sheriffs deparment, I walked down the street and found Doppio. Clerk was super nice, they had a great selection of menu items, the place was spic and span clean, and the coffee was truly the best I had ever tasted. It is their own blend, and I went back 4 times over 2 days. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Our first and last stops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The very best lattes and croissants ever! And we are from Seattle. Also the soups, sandwiches and salads make for a great lunch.

• Visited March 2014