“Best sushi in Hood River!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Sushi Okalani brings a vibrant, eclectic taste and atmosphere to Hood River, we have a variety of Japanese, Hawaiian, Thai and Sushi items. Very family friendly, we have a children's menu, Happy Hour 6 days a week, and two private Tatami rooms!
Helix
“Best sushi in Hood River!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Great sushi in a really fun town! I had sashimi platter and it was very good and reasonably priced. I gave a lower score only because they seemed a little understaffed. I had to ask for chopsticks twice after my food arrived. There was no setting at my seat at the bar when I arrived. Great happy hour specials. The place is a basement so it's a little crowded and dark, but that adds to the appeal I think.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fresh, Fresh, Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Quick service, great selection of fish and a fun experience.....sit at the bar and watch the sushi master. This is a great place.

Visited July 2012
Big Sky, Montana
“Excellent service, great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived right at closing time after calling ahead. The chef and server were friendly and never rushed us through our meal. The selection of sushi wasn't the largest I've seen, but there were many specials to choose from on the specials board. The restaurant is small, but most sushi joints are, so I can see where seating might be a problem on a busy night. Lots of local art on the walls. Overall a great experience!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fresh, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Great spot but not inexpensive. The food and service was service very good, I would go back.

Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Chef is a master!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The sushi is beautifully presented and has great taste and freshness. The seaweed/cucumber salad is great-I've never tasted seaweed with the sweet and balanced flavor that it had. The yellowtail tuna sushi tasted like butter. My shrimp tempura/avocado/cucumber roll was super-tasty and fresh. We sat at the bar, and the presentation of everyone's dish was top-drawer. What a find in a small town-we will be back tomorrow night!

Visited May 2012