“Poor...slow to no service!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
The Gorge
“Poor...slow to no service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

Consistency is present at this restaurant!
As a resident in the Gorge, I have visited this establishment nearly a dozen times. For the first few visits, I rationalized the lack of service to inexperienced staff. Then I thought it was lack of training by management. And then I see that there is a lack of scheduling adequate AND experienced staff!
But the last visit is… the last visit!

For instance, the last visit (and it will be my LAST visit) I stood waiting for five minutes for the only table available to be cleaned. No one greeted me, not even a smile. I noticed a waitress pick up the tip but left the rag on the table. Wiping off a table takes 5 seconds tops!! I waited a few more minutes and wiped it off myself! She finally came over with a menu and no water. I mentioned a few more guests will be joining me. She brought more menus and left. I waited a 45 minutes and she never ONCE offered anything to drink. My party arrived and again, we had to ASK for drinks and utensils. I was really hungry by the she came to take our order, another 20 minutes. The some of my guests ordered meals and all ordered drinks. They got drinks but were never offered a refill! This establishment had failed so miserably at customer service that I will not to spend any more time or money there.

It’s too bad because the food is generally pretty good. It’s a little overpriced and the portions are too big. They’re fine if you’re a glutton!!

Oh…did I mention that I will never go there again!!
Nor, will I recommend Egg Harbor…
well, maybe…
if it’s someone I don’t like!!

Seattle, Washington
“What breakfast is suppose to be like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I have eaten at Egg Harbor three times now and need to leave a review. Egg Harbor is the kind of restaurant that makes you feel like your at home, but a fantastic cook is in the kitchen. Portions are huge and with a breakfast called "The Windsurfers Special" which sound like it has 6,000 calories you know you will not leave hungry.

My vote for best breakfast in the Gorge.

Sequim, WA
“Big surprise and plain wrapper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

It was my first trip to Hood River and I was on business. My business companion had been to Hood River on vacation and told me his motel had recommended this little unassuming restaurant. He said they ate breakfast there everyday thereafter.

I am not a big egg fan but I ordered a Denver omelet with red potatoes and dry toast. The breakfast presentation surprised me because I never think of breakfast as a pretty meal but this one was. What I got was a beautiful, delicious omelet with these awesome red potatoes, red bell peppers, sweet onions. Great side dish! I liked it as much as if not more than the omelet.

Even though our conference included breakfast, we ate at Egg Harbor every morning until we left town.

As for the service, the one waitress who easily handled the entire restaurant had a great personality and made eating there enjoyable too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Breakfast in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008