“A Wonderful Hotel, With Outstanding Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“A Wonderful Hotel, With Outstanding Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We arrived at the Best Western after a long car ride and getting stuck in the snow. It was delightful to see that this Best Western was more up scale. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. Alex, the receptionist, even went as far as to give me two dollars to buy a soda, since it was late at night and there was no change. The restaurant was very good and the breakfast that came along with the price of the room was so good that I had it three days in a row. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Cosmopolis, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

If you are in the Hood River area, this is the place to stay!! Great food and very relaxing.
The staff makes sure you have EVERYTHING you need. They even provided a wheelchair for my girlfriend after a bad day on Mt. Hood.
Every dining experience was fantastic, and the location is fabulous. We will be staying there many times over.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Devon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

One of the worst Best Western Hotels we have stayed in. Room smelled damp, bedside table lamp didn't work. Waste plumbing from upstairs went across the ceiling and made rushing/hissing noises. The room above was very noisy and the aircon was also extremely noisy.

Did we get the worst rooms or are all the rooms like this??

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
RaquelVanNatta, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
We were very disappointed to read this review on TripAdvisor. We always make an effort to fix a problem during a guests' stay, rather than hear about it after it is too late to respond. We sent a message to this guest the day after this review posted to inquire about the specifics of their stay, but were not contacted in return.

As you can see from our many other TA reviews, this particular stay was unusual and out of the ordinary. We truly encourage our guests to bring problems to our attention during their stay so that we can attempt to 'make it right' the first time.

Raquel A. VanNatta
Executive Assistant/Revenue Manager
ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Oh this place was great! We somehow ended up in a riverside suite that was not exhorbitant watching the wind surfers thru our picture windows. Wonderfully spacious with a dining room table that sat 10! Walking distance to Hood River, a great little town with many good dining options and views of snow topped Mts. Colombia Gorge and this BW were high on our list while doing a 2 1/2 month car trip.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

My wife and I decided to stay here for our anniversary. We were pleased to find out that this hotel was the only one in Hood River that was on the water, and they were pet friendly. Our room had been very nicely updated, and was very modern. We had a microwave and an adequately sized refrigerator. Our room was on the first floor, and we had a sliding glass door that opened onto a concrete patio with a built-in concrete bench. There were also two chairs on the patio. Beyond the patio was a nice grassy area, a walking path and then the river. The view was amazing, and we never tired of looking at ships, windsurfers and the beautiful scenery. Our dog loved being able to use the outdoor space, and also having her own queen bed. We wished that being a pet friendly room, they would have provided us with a couple of bowls for food and water for her. The hotel provides you with a two for one dinner coupon and two free breakfast coupons. There was an outdoor, heated pool that we did not use, but looked nice. Overall, the hotel is a bit pricey, but a very nice splurge for the location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Inn,Hood River during a recent convention at the hotel.From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked my experience was excellent.The staff are GENUINELY happy to see you and are first rate in efficiency . The food is first rate,beautifully presented and prepared.I ate breakfast,lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant,River Grill,and enjoyed every meal.Whom ever manages this hotel should be justly proud of their staff. The manager clearly is highly trained in their profession.
To the previous reviews that needed a more secure Internet connection I suggest you to get an encryptor for when traveling.
Trevor

• Stayed October 2010
Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

At first view, this hotel is on a beautiful peice of land over looking the Columbia River and surrounding mountians. I was very impressed with this. However, I am staying here for 2.5 months and found my room not up to standard.
Upon arriving here I checked my room for cleanliness, at first view it appeared to be clean and neat. I moved one of the double beds in my room and found two towels under the bed that was once white, and turned nice shade of brown from multiple use of bodily fluids and was just disgarded between the headboard and mattress. I also found the hotel website mis-leading with it's internet connection. Claming to have high speed LAN connections in every room. My reason for my extended visit here is for educational training and preping for deployment. I am required to have a solid internet connection for sensitive classified material. The hotel staff informed my travelling party and I that we could access solid internet connection from the lounge. I wasn't impressed hearing this. The washroom is very small, and feel I am in a dungeon in the far wing of the hotel. Air circulation within the room is poor. During my stay in the first 3 weeks here, I requested for a room upgrade.
On a more positive note. The cleaning and dining staff are very friendly. The outside grounds and pool area is tidy. The food is at a quality price. Night life in the hotel lounge is a nice environment and have attractive and professional attendants.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!