“Getaway fom it all!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hood River Satisfaction.

I had never been to the State of Oregon, and since I don’t smoke pot I didn’t have much reason to be here. But as usual business put me in Boardman Or. I judged Hood River as a decent spot to lite. I found the Hood River Best Western on Trip Advisor and so I went that way. Don’t judge this book by its cover. When I drove up I was a bit concerned. Motor Lodge, I thought. But it is an old resort kind of town.

I carried my bags up to the desk, and spoke with Lilly. She had my reservation. The property sits right on the Columbia River so I asked for a River view. Lilly accommodated me with a change and gave me a first floor river view. I asked for something on the top (3rd) floor. Lilly took back my keys and said that would usually be an extra but she would accommodate me with no charge. Lilly rocks. Because of Lilly I ate dinner in the Riverside room both nights so they got me for the full food and bev concession. Breakfast was also free. Not a sad little buffett but a pick it off the menue choice berakfast of excellent quality. My room was a 10!! (Room 315). Newly remodeled. Huge bathroom with a HUGE Tile shower and the view of the river was awesome.

I will stay here again. Also within a 3 min. walk from the lobby is a huge Starbucks with free WiFi and also a gas station. All in All a very good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd. Floor River view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CVHinman, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Fred S, Thank you for the entertaining, five star review! We pride ourselves on superior customer care and enjoy hearing from guests whenever we deliver great service. I will pass your kind words on to Lily and let her know that she made your stay. It's also good to know that like General Douglas MacArthur....You shall return! Happy Travels till then.
Medford, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Attended a two day event in Hood River staying at this property. Although Best Westerns run the gamut of just OK to really good, this one was on the high end. Three story hotel, I asked for a top floor room and got it. When I made my reservation they had no rooms facing the Columbia River but put we on a waiting list. When I checked in they had actually kept track of my request, said there was a river view room available rather than a view of the parking lot; "same price" the clerk told me. Got to the room and it had a standard height ceiling for 1/2 the room and the other half, going toward the sliding glass doors onto the large deck, had a vaulted ceiling about 10 feet more in height with an large upper window as well. Very nice sized room, comfortable beds, flat screen tv with internet, desk and chair, table and two side chairs. Larger than normal microwave and refrigerator, good size bathroom which contained sink, toilet and shower. Another sink in dressing are just outside the bathroom. All set up nicely. Plenty of towels, pillows, etc. Lacked for nothing. Weather cool so could not use the deck and chairs. Great view and overall an excellent value, although my rate of $78 a night is probably not representative of the 'norm' particularly in the summer. Nice restaurant and bar, both good size. Interesting menu choices and all the food I ate there, although a little on the spendy side, was excellent. Very pleasant experience--nothing at all negative. Whoever runs this place is doing it all correctly!

Room Tip: ask for top floor facing river.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lie2me, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we're very happy that you had such a positive experience. Whenever possible it is our policy to upgrade our guests at check in to the best room available for their stay so it's great to know the policy worked out so well for you. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our front desk staff. Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Margate, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

beautiful rooms with great views of the Columbia River. Staff throughout the hotel is friendly, and performs with a smile, and a thank you. Tv's are excellent, amenities are good and even an in room umbrella if needed although nobody in Oregon seems to use umbrellas in the rain. Would definitely go back to this property again

Room Tip: Even number rooms facing the river.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Chuleta1, Thank you so very much for the wonderful compliments! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We always appreciate feedback especially when it relates to our friendly and accommodating staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kona, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I paid more for a river view room and I am glad I did! It looks like the mountain view rooms looks over a big parking lot. When I was not out driving around sightseeing, I was sitting on the balcony of my river view room over looking the Columbia River. The free breakfast was great and the restaurant also has a great view. The room was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Cy-Kona, Wow, thank you for such a great review and for sharing your photos with our Trip Advisor friends. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and a delicious breakfast. We cannot wait to welcome you back again.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Although we paid more than I would have liked to for this hotel, it was right on the CRG and breakfast out on their deck was the perfect way to start our day. The free breakfast was much more than your usual continental breakfasts and you can't beat the surroundings. The front desk staff was extremely helpful in planning hikes for us and suggesting restaurants in downtown Hood River. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Parkhiker, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! I am so glad to hear that our front desk staff took such great care of you. We are very fortunate to have such an exceptional team and it is really nice to see them get recognized. We all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!