“Just a marvellous place!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gross Point Shores
“Just a marvellous place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

All our friends in Portland told us WE HAVE TO GO THERE!

So we did and we are so happy as it is a very, very nice place. We had a beautiful room overlooking the river. There was a huge expanse of water outside the window! There were choppy, white waves and a flock of little ducks floating up and down to greet us. So cheerful! The room was warm and cosy and I agree with the other reviewers, the bedding is super comfortable.

The room was also very clean and beautifully prepared.

The dinner, pork chops, huge, juicy and very delicious. Breakfast, oatmeal with pears for myself and ham, eggs and potatoes for my husband. The breakfasts were included in the price of the room and were both excellent. That is a lovely dining room by the river and the staff are just top notch, professional and charming.

This place makes a wonderful escape; just wished we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: River view was really wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your great review and for your amazing recommendation! I'm so pleased that you found our hotel to be "Marvelous" and that you enjoyed our views, comfortable beds and the fantastic food and service.

Hope to see you again at the Hood river Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have stayed twice at the Best Western Hood River Inn. Each year, the room had a lovely view of the river. I look forward to the delicious oatmeal with poached pears served at breakfast. With free breakfast, discounted lift tickets, and an easy drive to the slopes, the value can not be beat. Great hotel for large groups!

Room Tip: Go for the river view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Julie H,

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us and at the mountain. We strive to provide value so we're very happy you thought the value was "fantastic". Hope to see you again next ski season if not before.
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is an very well run Best Western. The room was extremely clean, a bit odd shaped as it was at the end of the building but spacious. Nice view of the river. Excellent food and service in the restaurant both for dinner and for breakfast. The staff are polite and professional. Would highly recommend.. management are to be applauded here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Annie2B,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and for your kind comments regarding our management team. I am happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy both dinner and breakfast at the Riverside. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you at the Hood River Inn!
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Great place to stay especially with pets. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great with a beautiful view of the river. Staff was excellent, would highly recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CVHinman, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Julie D,

I loved your short and sweet review, and couldn't be happier that our services and being pet friendly suited your needs. We're pleased you found our guestrooms to be comfortable and we look forward to your next visit. Best wishes in the New Year!
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife and I drove up to Canada and back to California for a week of vacation last summer. We had talked about the trip for a while as our 1 year wedding anniversary but we had not made reservations. We arrived the night of the 4th of August at the Hood River Inn after a long day of driving south through backroads of the state of Washington. We crossed the bridge over the Columbia River and pulled into this fantastic hotel. They said that they only had one room left but that they would not charge us the full price of it.
My wife and I were happily surprised to find that their last room was the Wacoma Suite that they put us in! I could not believe how lucky we were, we had almost half the entire first floor of the building with two balconies right in front of the Columbia River! From our bedroom we could see west down the river and from the living room and fireplace area, we could see east up the Columbia River! We had an amazing night in our suite along with a fantastic dinner at the hotel's restaurant! The receptionist was super welcoming and extremely helpful! I highly recommend a night or two at this awesome hotel!

Room Tip: Choose the Wacoma Suite if you can!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ghostepj,

Wow, what a fantastic review! It's wonderful that our staff impressed you with their services and I am delighted we were able to upgrade you to a suite to help celebrate your one year anniversary. I'm so glad you chose to stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. If you ever return I hope you will consider the Hood River inn again!
Portland, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel and it was wonderful! I booked a room in November for Christmas week at a price I would expect to pay during offseason. The room was clean, the staff polite and professional, and the view interesting. The hotel sits directly on the river with a walking trail around the buildings. There is an outside swimming pool and spa, as well as a indoor spa and sauna. We used the indoor spa and it was clean and just the right temp. At 2:30AM I found myself with a sick 7 year old and the front desk clerk was able to direct me as far as what my available options were at that time of night, saving me time and effor trying to find someplace that was open. When I booked my room I signed up for the Best Western club and was pleased to discover upon check-in that this membership provided for a free breakfast for everyone in our room the next morning. The food in the resturant was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CVHinman, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am so happy that you felt you made the right decision and that we lived up to your expectations. I am sorry for your middle of the night difficulties but I'm pleased that our staff was helpful in facilitating a solution. I do hope you return again with your family. Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy 2012.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We lucked out big time when we picked this one. Food, room, location, pool, weather; everything perfect like you dream of but never usually seem to find. They even have staff who look nice, and they are nice. Can't wait till next year's vacation; we all want to go there again. Wake up in those fantastic white, soft sheets, pick up the newpaper and lounge in bed drinking coffee, and then down in the elevator to the included in the price scrambled eggs with ham, potatoes, toast, ketchup and jam and a view of the river and the hills from a comfortable booth, please. Wish we did not live so far away.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I am pleased you had a fun Getaway when you stayed with us and that you found the location and our ameneties perfect for all you wanted to do. We look forward to hosting you on your next getaway to Hood River.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!