“You get what you pay for...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Prater's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hood River
Prater's Motel
You added Prater's Motel to your Saves list
1306 Oak St, Hood River, OR   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Liberty Lake, Washington
“You get what you pay for...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I based my stay on the price and location (fairly inexpensive and not too far away from downtown). I probably should have found another place. It is run-down with my room needing everything from new flooring to drapes to linens.
Yeah, it was a few bucks less than some of the competition, but I'll be for a few dollars more I would have been much happier.
Thankfully there's a nice place for breakfast across the street (Egg Harbor Cafe).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

What a nice, clean hotel that takes dogs!! I had just totalled my car on I 84, and needed a place to stay the night. The family that ran the place could not have been nicer, letting me borrow their phone numerous times (mine was trashed in the river) and making contacts to get back to my home in WA. The place was clean, warm and I felt safe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I'm Kristen and I came up from Santa Cruz , California a couple months ago, to visit some friends in Hood River. I ran across Prater's Motel, and i'd have to say i couldn't be any happier about my stay! Plus the price was certainly RIGHT! Not to mention how friendly the staff was, they were really curtious about every thing, and they had clean rooms as well. I've ran across comments and have seen that they are anything but positive, but i really couldn't complain at all about my stay there. I thought it was fantastic and the view of the mountain and the river was so beautiful! I was discussing with the woman how they've been under new ownership for a little while and i'd say if you were hesitant about staying at Prater's before, DON'T BE NOW. Give them another shot!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We give it an average rating assuming that friendly service and clean rooms are in fact average-or should be anyway.
Our stay was surprisingly quiet, since the motel sits right on the Hwy. The A/C was old but efficient and just loud enough to drown out the bit of noise that might have peeped through-mostly the old timers sitting out front.
The decor was dated and unmatched, but not something we insist upon most of the time. Our room had the smallest bathroom ever, but again, it was sufficient- and clean- and the room was surprisingly equipped with a small fridge and microwave and a comfy bed. The price was right and there was a view of the Columbia. And the staff WAS friendly-which seems to be getting less and less common.
Oh, bring your safety pins or hair clips...the curtains don't quite meet in the middle! lol.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tillamook, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

we were broke down on i84 and needed a room that takes dogs.the nice tow truck driver called all over for a room and finally found one at praters.the driver called the front desk and talked to the naked old man that takes the money.he was really naked when we got there!!he told the tow truck driver he would except our credit card over the phone!!we got there and the naked desk guy gave us the key to our room!!when we got in the room we were horrified!the shower had 2 rock hard wash clothes with used soap stuck to them!the bed was used and had poop stains and pubic hair all over it!!trash not dumped and urine in the filthy toilot!we asked for cleaner to clean it our selves and the naked guy even saw the room and said paying the money we paid it shouldnt look like this!!the guy from the front desk even helped clean it!!then a couple hours later this really really really drunk old lady came pounding hard on the door and yelled at us saying we have to leave right now!!saying that we had no right to ask for cleaning supplies!!she started messing with our stuff!my sister showed her the nasty wash clothes and even she said it was dirty!!then she said it was never dirty!!they stayed in the room for two hours cleaning after we left!!she was chest bumping me and yelling with her foul drunk breath at me,my sister,and my 16 year old niece!!it was the worst,most awful experience ever!!the naked drunk people at the front desk should be fired and go to aa and the naked guy shouldnt be allowed to not wear clothes!! i would never recommend this foul place ever!! sherri hulet! reach me at sherrihulet@yahoo.com

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Well i called and reserved my room four days before i had planned on being there. The lady Denise i believe stated she had two other rooms which another couple decided to take. We gave our credit card numbers to hold the rooms. She then called us the morning of our reservation to confirm we were still coming and we said yes. We drove 6 hours to the motel and they had drunk guy at the desk that stated that all the rooms were takin and there were no reservations. How convienent that all the hotels in the city were booked so we were stuck out in the cold. we hung around a restaurant until the manager got back to the motel and she stated she never called us and we never set up reservations. I would highly not recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tillamook
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

My car broke down 4hrs from home. The tow company found this motel for us. About 30 mins after we get there we notice that one of the beds still had dirty sheets and the bathroom was NEVER cleaned. We asked the office for clean sheets and cleaning supplies. We fixed the problem. After settling down we hear a banging at the door. An older lady proceeds to tell us that we have to leave, it was 10:00 at night. She kicked us out because we wanted to sleep in a clean room. On top of that she was DRUNK. The worst part was all the other hotels were booked. We had no where else to go. I will never recommend this motel if it was the last one on earth.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Prater's Motel? Share your experiences!