“Yum! Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
milwaukie
“Yum! Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I made a trip to Hood River and met up with our daughter and grandaughter at the Mesquitery for dinner. Our dinner was delicious. The first course was a wonderful shrimp meatball soup with noodles,asian flair. I will have to admit I think it was the best soup I have ever had. Our porterhouse steak was grilled over mesquite perfectly. Our grandaughter had a handcrafted rasberry milkshake that was to die for. I think they gave the front a new face lift and it looks great. We for sure will return on our next trip to Hood River. It is a beautiful place to visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Texas
“Fabulous Steak & Dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We had skipped lunch in our travels so my husband and I were in need of some substantial food. We came across The Mesquitery in Hood River after driving in from Portland. We both chose the 14 oz Ribeye and baked potato. The steaks were perfectly grilled and fabulous! The only thing lacking was some type of bread-dinner roll or something. However the quality of the steak quickly made us forget the lack of bread. Then ... We decided to share a dessert. So many great choices. We chose something neither of us had had before- Swedish Crem with warm loganberry sauce. OMG ... An experience beyond words. I immediately started looking for a recipe so we could duplicate this great dessert! Wait staff ... Very attentive and took great care us. If we ever return to this area we will definitely make a return visit.

Visited May 2013
Aloha, Oregon
“Eat here (after 4:30)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I each ordered the steak arrachera. Her piece was smaller than mine, so before they brought it out, the waiter (owner?) asked if they could supplement her dinner with some shrimp. These weren't little bay shrimp, they were eight large, grilled prawns, equally as delicious as the steak! My friend also ordered a side of fettucini Alfredo, and it was such a large portion that she couldn't finish it all. We also each ordered a side of vegetable, which was fresh broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, Yum! For dessert, I ordered the Italian creme, which was covered in a berry sauce and SO delicious! Be sure to seek out this restaurant the next time you are in Hood River!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“No large parties”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

NO SEPARATE CHECKS PLEASE
GROUPS OF 6 OR MORE, 17% GRATUITY WILL BE ADDED (on website and menu)
Once Gratuity is decided ahead of time the service standards are dropped and your table gets minimum attention while servers focus on the tables that have not decided how much is appropiate. I'm very generous to servers having waited tables for years myself. Very dissapointed on this visit when the gratuity is set the server stops trying to earn it.
As far as separate checks, current technology allows for easily presenting separate checks to groups of two, why not three groups of two sitting at one table?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hood River, Oregon
“Find another”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We used to eat there weekly but had skipped them for 5 years due to being cheated on our credit card. Same old stale menu. Nothing new or fresh.

Got terribly sick from VERY undercooked food. Raw slimy chicken and salmon. Mash potatoes were cold. NO ONE came back to check on the food. We used to eat there weekly but had skipped them for 5 years due to being cheated on our credit card. Suggested you find another place to eat there are many excellent places in Hood River.

• Visited February 2013