“Buon Appetito!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
oregon
“Buon Appetito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ignore any review who's only reference to Italian Food is the Olive Garden. I've been to Italy and Sicily many times. My grandparents were born and raised there, and lived with my family in their twilight years, knew a thing or two about authentic Italian cooking. And since I ate more than my share of their fabulous fare, I guess I do too. I've dined at Romul's several times and I've NEVER been disappointed. The veal is particularly well prepared. I'm shocked Trip Advisor doesn't have Romul's rated in the top 3! I urge you to try it, I don't think you'll be unhappy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Masterpiece! Great food! Great service! And great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is like a diamond in the ruff! The Dalles is a great town but no other restaurant seems to have as much as this restaurant has going for it! Definitely five star quality!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Friendly Service but Can't Recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very friendly and attentive service from the owners and our waiter but the food quality was really poor. I had Chicken Parm and it made the Olive Gardens look good. Everything tasted like it had come straight from the frozen foods section at Safeway. There are many better dining options in Hood River.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Almost Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was hesitant to try Romul's because it is a new restaurant. We stepped into a little Italy when we walked in. Beautiful (but not tacky) decor welcomed us as well as very low lighting. I was a bit worried how our meal would be when we got the bread because it was really soggy and not what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. We had some wine and waited for our dishes which came very promptly. Everyone enjoyed their meals very much, the only complaint I have is that the portion sizes are ridiculously small.

• Visited April 2013
Hood River, Oregon
“Authentic Italian! Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

A truly stellar meal that was very authentic Italian food. Excellent wine selection, menu is wonderful. Save room for desert...amazing! Don't miss this place!

• Visited May 2013