“Best waffle I've had.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 112 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Organic, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: All of our baked items are made in house from scratch using only natural ingredients. We use local, organic produce and natural meats. We are a genetically modified organism (GMO) free restaurant.
Idaho
“Best waffle I've had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Try the sourdough waffles. I had a bacon version, but there is a cheese or regular variation. The batter is so delicious. We also had a ciabatta sandwich that was amazing. They do their own baking, so the shop is full of delightful smells. Friendly and mellow atmosphere is perfect for starting your day here.

Seabrook, Texas
“Stopped for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This little café is wonderful. ordered food and it came out fresh and wonderful. I had the Oregon tuna sandwich and it was the best sammie I have ever tasted, so fresh and the bread was wonderful. Highly recommend this to anyone. All 3 of us enjoyed it..very nice and staff were great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hood River, Oregon
“Better 2nd time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I don't often go out for breakfast, so it took a while to give River Daze another shot. The over the top breakfast sandwichs are good, but I kind of miss the omelet, hashbrown, toast breakfast. Haven't tried the waffles, yet.
Big difference between late April to late June, the summer gang is here and the place had a great vibe. A previous reviewer said there is a view of the Columbia, not really.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Trout Lake, Washington
“New local favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Riverdaze is my new favorite for both breakfast and lunch. The food is outstanding - fresh, original, well-made, the whole nine yards. The waffles are ridiculously good. The atmosphere is mellow and perfect for a quick bite or a lazy Sunday brunch. They throw the big garage-type doors open on nice days (bonus points in my book). The staff is great, prices reasonable, coffee good - I'll be back again and again!

Akron, OH
“Yummy lunch of soup, salad and sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The River Daze Cafe is a fun Northwest eatery - fresh food and good coffee in an informal setting with a corner of tall windows looking up toward the town of Hood River and down to the train station.

Our group of five had a selection of salads, the day's homemade soup and the day's special sandwich plus a great fruit smoothie. All of the food was fresh and I must say that the sub style sandwich special that my daughter and I split was to die for! Breads were fresh and artisinal, our sammie was toasted with turkey, bacon, pepper jack cheese, slaw, hot sauce, banana peppers, and amazing sauce. Soup was roasted pepper.

If you are looking for a great local lunch cafe, the River Daze is a great choice!

Visited December 2013