“Fascinating place!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 60 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: SPECIALTIES Cast Glass, Pate de Verre, Blown Glass, Hot Sculpted Glass, Metal Fabrication, Mixed Media Sculptures, and various other artistic pursuits. There is a variety of artwork in the Gallery: Spiritual, Inspirational, Decorative, Functional, Glass, Metal, Photography, Gifts and more. Price Range: $-$$$$ HISTORY Laurel Marie Hagner built Glassometry Studios, a large-scale glass and metal sculpture studio and gallery in 2009. Her mission as an artist is to continuously evolve not only as a sculptress, but also as one who is sharing ideas and opportunities of expression with the community. Visit her website to learn about workshops and her other artwork. MEET THE ARTIST/OWNER After 15 years as a professional artist and fabricator, I have returned to my roots as a spiritual sculptor and teacher, creating sacred works as well as engaging in both Tibetan Buddhist and Shamanic Training. This change required a great deal of faith. Art has always been my vehicle for self-discovery and transformation. Our imaginations speak the language of the subconscious. Creating art is a portal to the self and greater consciousness, where all things overlap. My newest works reflect this journey, tell the story of our forgotten myths, and offer the opportunity for others to connect personally with these archetypes. Culturally, we have lost touch with our need for ceremony, ritual, and the Divine Feminine. Sacred images, devotion, and the creative process have the power to reconnect us not only to our deeper spiritual needs, but will heal us as a community. My satisfaction in creating art comes from giving sculptural life to an idea that embraces beauty, strength, grace, and/or liberation. I hope to give viewers breathing room to feel, think, and embrace the beauty and meaning in life as well as in my work.
Moses Lake, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fascinating place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is super interesting. If you have money to spend (Starting around $20 and going up even as far as $80) you can make your own glass art from a large selection, customizing it to your liking. From an icicle, to a sphere, to a pear shape, even more complex things like a mug or bowl. If you don't want to spend money, you can still sit in and watch them make things, which is great. The whole process is one of the most interesting art forms I have seen. The people are very friendly and were happy to work with me as I made a spiral icicle piece.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank manlybrian

Seattle, WA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A great experience for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We decided to stop in on our drive around the Fruit Loop. What a fabulous decision! The gallery has some absolutely gorgeous pieces. The highlight for us is we were able to create our own pieces! They have a menu of items you can create. You get to pick your colors and then you get to help them make it! It was really really cool. The staff was super friendly and fun to work with. My three year old even got to make an icicle ornament. Seeing the whole process was interesting too. This place is definitely going to become a family tradition.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank backpackerjmk
Rockville, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Fun Artistic Experience! A Great Place for Gifts too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Laurel Hagner, the owner and creator of Glassometry Studiosis so talented....visit her website to see examples of her glass blowing and metal sculpture. It's fun to visit and learn about glassblowing and even blow your own piece. Her staff is so friendly and informative you come away with a real knowledge of her art. An attractive gallery and shop with one of a kind artworks.

Visited September 2012