“Kayaking and rafting the Rogue River in Oregon” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 35 Activities in Hood River
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an award winning outfitter based in Hood River, Oregon. We offer trips in the Pacific Northwest and a few select international destinations.Our premiere trip is on Southern Oregon's Rogue River. This is a 4 day expedition through a true wilderness river perfect for both first timers and veterans alike. Kids and families love the Rogue.We also offer trips to a few of our favorite international destinations each year. Our most popular international trips are our Rafting & Cultural Tour of Bhutan and our Rafting Expedition in Siberia.
Berkeley, California, United States
“Kayaking and rafting the Rogue River in Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Once again we had a fantastic 5 day river trip, well-fed, safe, and fun, with Northwest rafting (and Sundance kayak for those of us wanting kayak instruction). The guides are a delight and the river itself is spectacular. We got in hikes, saw bear and bald eagle, had a blast bombing through the rapids. JR, Laurie, Charlie, Kitty, Tobias were an awesome team….. they make you feel more like family than like "clients." We keep coming back b/c we can count on them to make for a perfect summer vacation.

Visited July 2014

Newport, Oregon
“Ospreys, eagles and bear, oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just returned from 5 days rafting on the Rogue River trough the wild and scenic section with NWRC's Bluegrass music trip including Laurie Lewis and Tom Rozum. It was a wonderful experience. The guides were top notch. They managed 19 of us with varying degrees of river experience to give each of us an experience to remember. Some of us rode on the oar boat, some in paddle rafts and a group of intrepid souls used the single person "duckies". Safety was very important to them so each section of the river was described in detail as we went along and you could switch to different rafts depending on your comfort level with each section. One of the large rafts waited at the bottom of the harder rapid sections to be sure all got through safely and one was in the rear to help with any problems encountered on the way down the river. The guides were cheerful, informative and extremely competent. They packed gear on and off the rafts, cooked fabulous meals-did I mention the lasagna or bagels and lox?-with extra food for gluten free and vegetarian needs. And then they cleaned up while we played music, sang, and blissfully listened to the haunting sounds of Laurie and Tom. There was even a 3 generation family and the guides took extra time to be sure the two kids had an experience to remember. The weather was hot so sitting in the river in camp chairs sipping a cold beverage at the end of the day while they fixed dinner was incredible! They even provided a guide whose main job was to transport the musical instruments safely through rapids and incredible heat-all safely done thanks to Gab who delivered them safely to shore each evening. Seeing wildlife unconcerned with humans and going about their daily foraging for food was a special treat. Especially the large black bear calmly going about his morning looking for breakfast on the bank above us as we floated silently by him. Thanks to Chrissie, Dustin, Jenner, Teal, Gab and Zach for a wonderful life experience on one of the world's most beautiful rivers!

Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
“Exceeded All Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Like the other reviewers, I took the 5 Day Class III Rowing School (June 2014) on the Rogue River and couldn't believe how well it turned out. The instruction, food, equipment, and people (both guides and guests) were first-rate. JR, Ryan, Dustin, Cole and Teal worked hard as hosts and guides and created a very fun, informal and informative experience. While I had gone into this hoping that I would leave with the ability and confidence to row Class III water, I was skeptical it was possible in such a short time--but as it turns out the reality lived up to my hopes and I truly could not have asked for more.

Visited June 2014
LA Area
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Class III Rowing School on the Rogue River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I just returned from an amazing five days of Class III Rowing School on the Rogue River with Northwest Rafting. The River was beautiful and the rafting a blast. What made the trip so amazing were the guides. JR, Michael, Chrissy, Dustin and Peter were brilliant teachers, master chefs, great hosts for the river and just all around "good" people. If you are considering a Rogue River trip, Northwest Rafting Company should be your first choice.

Visited May 2014
Cordova, Tennessee
“Private Instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I attended a private 2 day class on March 7th and 8th, 2014. I have been rowing a drift boat for several years but wanted some formal class III and IV whitewater raft training. Zach is a detailed but patient instructor. He makes sure you get it. The focus on whitewater safety alone is worth taking the class. I took the class hoping to be challenged and I got that. Zach, I can't thank you enough. My confidence in reading the water increased greatly. I am looking forward to the next trip.

Ron South