“a must stop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 25 activities in Hood River
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Franco Marchesi's passion for wine began in his hometown of Borgosesia, Peimonte, Italy. As a child he always wondered what it would be like to be a winemaker like his grandfather Achille. After running his own import company specializing in Italian wines for over 20 years, Franco began planting his favorite Northern Italian grapes in Hood River, where the climate and soil are just like Northern Italy. Please come visit, and taste our wines. Salute!
Boise, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
“a must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

many other reviews here detail the wonders on this little gem. but I have to put in my 2 cents. (actually I like their wine so much I can't stop at 2 cents)-
my wife and I were doing the passport weekend in the gorge a few of years ago, and we stopped here. I was mildly impressed by the comfortable look and atmosphere of the tasting room and patio area when we arrived. it was still in the process of some expansion, and I could see the direction the owners were heading. Tuscan villa sort of theme. because of the passport weekend there was no fee, but that did not stop the winemaker (Franco) from giving us a friendly welcome and pouring a couple of generous tastes. they also set out a tray of salumi, bread and, cheese. we have tasted some very good wines in the gorge, but without a doubt Marchesi Vinyards has some of THE BEST wines in the region. we stopped by this year and the outdoor seating area is much larger and very comfortable. it is simple but beautiful with a gorgeous view. the wines are wonderful, I love every one of the them. the sangiovese and barberra are my favorites. the first time there I bought 3 of each. my wife and I are a little picky on our wines, but this time by we actually joined Marchesi's wine club! his sangiovese is now my benchmark to judge all other sangios by.

Visited May 2013

Beaverton, Oregon
“Italy in Hood River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We discovered our favorite winery in Oregon while using a Wine Passport last year. You will love every wine, and some more, in addition to the location and attention to detail. It's a wonderful family to belong to!

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Delicioso Italian wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by this place while in Hood River. Excellent atmosphere! $5 tasting fee for 6 wines, all delicious. Staff was friendly and I formative. Pricing per bottle was reasonable for the region. You must come here!

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
“Best Tasting room in Hood River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is an Italian Winery, and they know what they are doing. I am not a red wine drinker by any means, i normally will take a pass on anything red. But i thought i am going to give this place a try. I liked almost every wine they had, i loved a couple of them. For me the non red wine drinker it was a total shocker!! You do not have to sit at the tasting bar, they have very nice seating for you to enjoy your tasting and they come to you! they also have some Bread sticks on every table, and meat and cheese to go along with your wine. It is a Win Win!
If you are a wine lover this is a place you much check out

Visited March 2013
Billings, Montana
11 attraction reviews
“Some great wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Hood River for a couple of days and it appeared that Marchesi would not be open those two days. I was pretty bummed by that because I really wanted to try some Italian style Pinot Grigio. As it turned out they were open a day earlier than we thought and we were able to taste some fabulous wines. We bought 6 bottles to bring back to Montana.

Visited May 2013