“Best Brewery in Hood River” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: At this very moment, perched on a bluff overlooking the Gorge, our specialists in the liquid refreshment arts are crafting barley and hops into your next beer. Swing by and sample our awarding winning brews, grab a bite, take a tour and soak up the view. Our Tasting Room and Pub is open daily from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm for lunch and dinner. Brewery tours are available daily, free of charge at 1, 2, 3 and 4pm.If there is one thing a brewer loves more than great beer - it's great food and great beer! Our northwest inspired menu complements our award winning brews and features seasonal, local ingredients.Select from shared plates, soup made fresh in our own kitchen, salads, sandwiches, burgers made from Mt. Shadow Natural Meats (our local rancher), fish and chips with Session batter and many more dishes that celebrate the art of brewing and cooking.
Durham, NC
“Best Brewery in Hood River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

There are three or four brewpubs in Hood River now, but this is the one you need to visit. Owned by the employees, Full Sail brewery has a delicious selection of beers that is constantly changing with the seasons. We went on June 22, 2010 and had the "LTD 2" and the "Session Lager;" both were excellent.

The atmosphere is great. They have a cozy indoor pub and an outdoor deck, both of which overlook one of the best windsurfing / kiteboarding spots in the country. The menu was fantastic with lots of good options. Our guidebook had said it was just pub grub, but this was totally wrong. The brewery has recently stepped up the food offerings. We had the Halibut fish sandwich and it was very fresh. I'd definitely recommend Full Sail for lunch or dinner.

We also visited two of the other brewpubs in town (Double Mountain and Iron Horse) and Full Sail was the best for beer, atmosphere, and food. Highly recommended.

Corvallis, OR
“Full Sail Burgers Satisfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I had burgers at the Full Sail Brewery on May 16, 2010. The service was good and the waitress was even nice enough to bring my wife some Full Sail stickers and beer coasters to send to her brother in Rochester, New York. The food was very good. Traditional 1/3 lb burgers and tasty fries. Mine had a special barbeque sauce that made it pretty yummy, but messy. The place was not particularly busy when we were there, so we got a table right by the windows overlooking the Columbia River. The price was right and we left satisfied. We also took the brewery tour earlier in the day, also recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Definitely not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

If you go to Hood River, and have any interest whatever in beers and brewing, this place really needs to be on your list of places to go. The brewery tours (about 1/2 hour long) start PROMPTLY at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 daily, and are really fun, informative, and interesting. Afterward, each tour member gets a free glass (you pay for the beer in it). They have a wide variety of beer so no matter what you like, you'll probably find one or two that you love. I've tried some breweries where I don't care for any of the beers they brew. At Full Sail, I liked them all, even the hoppier stronger porters which I normally do not care for. And the food was really good. (Be careful if you order the Shrimp Curry Salad-- it's spicy, says my wife who has a fair tolerance for spiciness). A very very enjoyable place that I highly recommend!

VA
“Great beer, food, and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

The food was great - I especially recommend saving room for the chocolate stout brownie. The night I went, we got there early enough in the evening to can score a table by the window and it looks down on the gorge where the windsurfers hang out doing aerials.

Pittsburgh
“Great Beer - Food - View - Service - and a nice little Tour too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband and I stopped in at the Full Sail Brewery Pub for lunch on our trip along the Columbia River Gorge in October 2009. We enjoyed a walk around the town browsing the little shops beforehand.
(Parking note - most of the on-street parking is metered. We parked a few blocks away where there were no meters. There is a public? parking lot across the street from the brewery where I believe a certain number of spots might be free, i.e. no permit needed. You might want to ask at the brewery to be sure it's still ok to leave your car in that lot.)
We came into the pub and were greeted by the friendly staff. We picked a table by the windows with a view of the river. I ordered the Pale Ale. I think hubby got the LTD. The beer came right away and wow was it great! Service was quick. Our sandwiches were delicious too. I had the reuben and hubby had a Cuban. (Didn't mean to rhyme.) After lunch we enjoyed a fantastic tour of the brewery and were given a couple of Full Sail glasses at the end to take home.
I would highly recommend this brew pub.