It was truely a highlight of our trip!!
Had wall of windows providing an unbelievable view of the Columbia. Stayed in 2nd floor suite on left corner of new building. There were some trees that enhanced the view but no roads, or even people for that matter. That made the room very private even with the shades wide open. There was a balcony with chairs the length of the room. The sunrises were phenomenal (was some where else for sunsets).
The suite was very nice. It had one bedroom with a door and the main room (with the windows) had a bed, a seating area, fireplace, fridge and a coffee maker. Things were nice, excellent for the price of $100, but this is not a luxury hotel. It was very clean except for the big spider under the sink. The staff was very friendly and conscientious.
Had originally planned to have 2 other people staying with us. Would recommend spending the few extra bucks and getting the suite for the view. I'd brave a lot of spiders to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Vagabond Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on five acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Vagabond Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River