After much research, we chose to stay at the Vagabond Lodge for one night on our trip through Oregon. We booked our room in April for our stay in August. I called the week before our scheduled arrival to confirm our reservation, and again at 2PM on THE DAY of our arrival and was told that everything was OK. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at 8PM after a whole day of hiking to find that our room had been given to "someone with a name similar to yours" (they had my credit card number) They had no other rooms available, so we were out of luck. The man at the desk didn't seem all that apologetic, but finally offered to call other area motels to try to find us a room. To his credit, he did send us to another motel, but from listening to him make the calls, this was the only one in town with available rooms. He gave us the difference in price, BUT...the motel he sent us to was horrible!! (run down, not clean, toilet wouldn't flush....but that's another story) After getting back home to Massachusetts, I called the manager of the Vagabond, and did finally get my money back, BUT.....would think twice about making a reservation at the Vagabond again. The way they do business is, in a word...deplorable!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Vagabond Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on five acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Vagabond Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River