“Feels ike "home,' but better!” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
The Flying Jenny
Save Saved
You added The Flying Jenny to your Saves list
4079 Barrett Drive, Hood River, OR 97031   |
Ranked #15 of 15 Hood River B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“Feels ike "home,' but better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed for a lovely fall weekend in mid-October. The hosts were friendly and accommodating and the property is very well maintained.

When I made my reservation, I inquired about the suitability of having my daughter's family join us there as I have grandchilden who are 6 and 3 years old. I have stayed in many B&B's, but never one that included children . Although I was a bit hesitant as I know how kids can be, the hosts insisted it would be fine and said they were grandparents themselves. Our family booked all three rooms which eliminated imposition on other guests.

The rooms were not the over-the-top "lacey fou-fou" so many B&B's do, but were spotless, and tastefully decorated utilizing treasures from their family's collection of antique airplane items and photos. Locally made bath toiletries were provided as well.

The living room gave us plenty of space to spread out to read or watch TV. We had a wonderful stay and the kids enjoyed picking their own buckets of apples from the small orchard. Both breakfasts were hot, delicious multi-course feasts with plenty of good coffee. juices, etc.

My son-in-law, husband and grandson really appreciated the antique airplane items displayed and the stories behind them. They also went to the nearby flight museum just down the road and we all attended a local harvest fair which was fun.

It was a very pleasant weekend and we plan to stay again when in the area.

• Liked — Nice hosts and well maintained home.
  • Disliked — There is one bath for 2 rooms to share. One room has an en-suite bath.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

If you love being off the beaten path, the Flying Jenny is for you. The refurbished farm house is conveniently located and nestled between two fruit ochards. Jim and Jenny do everything in their power to offer a welcoming, comfortable and pleasant experience. We actually were their first guests in April 2008 and were happy for the opportunity to revisit. this month.
The home is spotlessly clean and very welcoming. We especially enjoy having morning coffee on the east facing porch.
We slept in the Flying Jenny room, the only ensuite room. Although the room is not large, as is usual for the period fo the home, the queen bed was comfortable with nice linens and the ceiling fan was appreciated. Jim prepares a yummy breakfast while Jenny provides the fresh fruit and baked goods with her delicious home made fruit preserves.
They are working diligently to relocate the road that the orchard workers use. Once this is accomplished (Scheduled for 8/13) the setting will be delightfully more peaceful.

• Liked — The tranquil setting
  • Disliked — The orchard workers rise earlier than I do
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Flying Jenny? Share your experiences!