“Good Food at a Reasonable Price” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nora's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: We are open 7 nights a week for dinner at 5:00, and 7 mornings a week for breakfast: 8 to noon, Monday-Saturday, and 8 to 1 on Sunday. Voted "best restaurant food in the Gorge" and "Best Brunch" by readers of the Gorge Guide.
Portland, Oregon
“Good Food at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We are locals and love Nora's Table. Wonderful service, great food for a great price. We go with our two children all the time. They have a fabulous menu that changes often and they are usually very well priced. However, when going with my sister and her family (who were from out of town and who we wanted to impress) she ordered a small plate of shrimp skewers. Well, it was 10 bucks and it was only one skewer with 1 shrimp with a couple of pearl onions, yikes! I wish the waitress had said something to us when she ordered it, but I suppose we should have asked. This is really an exception to the rule of their small plates having good portions of food and being really well priced. I think that if you make sure that when you order you ask what exactly you are getting and really make sure it is enough for dinner it will be fine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oregon
“Epic dining experience, unbelievably priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

Incredible menu that pairs unexpected flavors, textures, and influences in genius ways. Nothing trite or ordinary to be had here. The chef's tasting menu at only $25 pp was a mind-blowing 5 course experience that had our table literally moaning with pleasure. Amazing food, friendly service, cozy and grown-up atmosphere that encourages a take-your-time savoring and visiting with good friends experience.

Seattle, WA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I ate here last weekend. It was his birthday and we decided to go to the Bonneville Resort for some pampering, his treat. But I wanted to take him out for a memorable meal. I did a search of restaurants near Bonneville and read the reviews and Nora's sounded just perfect for a romantic little dinner.

We got there early, 5 PM as we had spa treatments later that day and were the second table to be seated. We started with the scallop/sausage appetizer which was delicious. The scallops were tender and sweet and very fresh. I ordered the sable fish in a sherry cream sauce and my boyfriend could not resist the dry aged rib eye. We were both very happy with our choices. The food did take what seemed to be maybe 10 minutes too long to arrive but we were enjoying our wine so we didn't mind too much. Both entrees were excellent. My sablefish did contain some bones. Not sure if this was an oversight or they are just too difficult to remove beforehand as I have never ordered sablefish before. The fish was cooked perfectly with some potatoes and fennel and the sauce was not too heavy. His rib eye was tender and delicious and cooked medium rare. We decided to order the creme brulee for dessert. At this point we were running a little behind schedule so we asked if they could send it out asap. It arrived without the hard sugar topping so it was more like a flan than a bruleee. Not sure if this is how it should be or if we rushed them. But it was yummy as well. We had one appetizer, 2 entrees, a martini and 2 glasses of wine and dessert and the meal was under $100.

Next time we are near the Hood River we will definitely be going back. The perfect romantic date restaurant

Portland,Or
“Great Place for Small Plates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

We had dinner at Nora's Table on a Tuesday night in October, and we found it to be very yummy!
The place is not big (which is good,in my opinion) and we were seated quickly as it wasn't a busy night in Hood River. Our server was very friendly and she encouraged us to take some time to look over the menu. While we did that we each had a cocktail ( which was prepared by our server-very tasty)!
So when it came to our meal.....What a selection of different small plates...We each had a couple of items, and they were wonderful!!
We would recommend Nora's without hesitation!

West Linn, Oregon
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I had four small plates, each priced between $6-9. We started with a beet salad that was prepared with a unique tasting vinigrette and a plate of pork, noodles, and "gravey" that was listed as Italian fare. Both were delicious. We fininshed with a lamb kabob and chutney, and a plate nochi. I don't remember what was in the Chutney, but it was very good. The nochi was served with hazelnuts, and cubed pumpkin. There was a little bacon in there too. The lamb and nochi were both great. The wine list is small, but we selected a couple of reds by the glass ($7.50), and they worked just fine. If this place were in Portland, I'd be going back in a week or two. Nora's Table is a "find."