“Strange Check In, No Internet” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hines
Portland, Oregon
“Strange Check In, No Internet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I arrived in Burns early in the day prior to a work gig 12:30 pm . I informed the friendly woman behind the desk that I would be checking in late due to my work commitment. She allowed me to check in early although she informed me that the room wouldn't be available until after I arrived later on that evening. She was doing a great job trying to save me time from checking in after a long work stint.

When I arrived to the room after 8:00 PM, I was surprised by the fact that the room was open, the little loop doorblock was preventing the room from closing. I went in but was feeling strange whether or not the room had been changed etc. Things seemed fine but there were no complimentary shampoos or lotions or anything so I cringed to think that someone just asked for their bed to be made and the housekeeping staff assumed the person was staying another night.

The room was ok. There was absolutely no internet function whatsoever. I even took my laptop into the lobby to check there. No dice. I tried again to connect to the internet via the complimentary lobby computer and once again, no connection. The final blow was the fact that
this room cost 95.99 in a place that costs the same as room outside Zion NP! I've stayed in other motels in this area and I will not return here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Unka88,

I do apologize for the confusion with your room once you were able to go to your room. We like to leave the rooms open for the Head Housekeeper to inspect the room once it is cleaned to make sure it was cleaned properly, I suppose they missed closing this room. I do apologize for this making you feel un easy. We strive to make sure everyone enjoys their experience with us. We just received new upgraded routers and am surprised that you were having difficulties. Thank you for letting me know there may be an issue with the internet and I can look into the problem. I do hope you would try and give us another chance when you are in the area.

Danielle Buckner-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent two nights here and was very happy. I always worry about staying at Best Westerns - some of them are really good but some of them are very bad, and I never know which it is until I get there. This is one of the good ones. The room was clean, very pleasant, and had MW, fridge, and a real coffee maker (not one of those terrible one cup gadgets). The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. Internet was complimentary and worked well my entire stay. I would have liked the drapes to have done a better job keeping out light from the parking lot, but it wasn't as bad as other places I've stayed. The staff were friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: When I made my reservation online I asked for a quiet room; the check-in staff person read my reques...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear SallyFromTuscon,

Thank you very much for your input of our hotel. Unfortunately you are correct with the questions for Best Western hotels being good or bad since we are all Independantly Owned and Operated. With in the next year, with all Best Westerns getting Ultra Clean Certified, this will hopefully change everyones views on Best Western...to them all being "good ones". I am very pleased that we are in the "good ones" category. Thank you. We all try to make everyones experience with us at the Best Western Rory & Ryan Inn, an enjoyable one. We just replaced the drapes in all the rooms, so I will look into the issue you spoke of and see what we can do to fix it.
Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice accommodations in a quiet town very friendly staff and clean rooms-good suggestion for dinner ar Pine View Restaurant with the best steaks.
The breakfast was very good and the service excellent.
The front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear dfcasey23,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Yes... the Pine Room is an excellent place to eat while visiting the Burns/Hines Oregon area. We look forward to being able to serve you the next time you are in town.

Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I were in Burns for the rodeo and stayed at the Rory and Ryan Best Western, a friend had referred us, and my husband and I were very satisfied. Every thing was very clean and neat and the bed was perfect in fact, I asked to purchase a pillow but was disappointed that they don't sell them. We had the complimentary breakfast Saturday and Sunday and it was great, eggs,biscuits,gravy,waffles,fruit and much more, the attendant, "BEV" made each morning extra special. She is truly a gem!! I can't remember the last time we received such "over the top" excellent service, she truly gives" from the heart " customer service!!! Our entire stay was very nice and all staff members that we came in contact with were very polite. Will definitly stay there again and would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MissMargie69,

I thank you for your kind words of our staff and hotel. Everyone here at the Best Western, looks forward to making all experiences enjoyable. I am so pleased to hear that yours was.

Thank you and hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Tigard, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently booked a queen size double in the Hines BW for my wife's 50th High School class reunion weekend. The reservation was two nights for my wife, me and my 97 year old mother-in-law. You can imagine my surprise upon arriving when they had us down for three nights, two adults and a child. They may have had some premonition about my mother-in-law. No sooner had we arrived when she needed to use the toilet facilities. Naturally, she locked the door. Unfortunately, as is often the case with the elderly, when she'd finished she was unable to stand because the toilet seat was too low. With no grab bar nearby, she was stuck! She called my wife to help her but, alas, the door was locked! My wife was unable to get in. We called the front desk. To our GREAT surprise, they had no emergency key with which to unlock the door from the outside. They called the manager but he was unable to be of assistance either. We were about to call the fire department to come and perform a rescue when my mother-in-law somehow found the strength to stand up by herself. Then of course she was able to open the door.

That experience was surprising and disappointing, to say the least. Aside from that, we found the accommodations quite satisfactory, especially the morning breakfast service. The breakfast service was way beyond continental breakfasts I've experienced in the past and the hostess who was there to assist the guests went way beyond our expectations in helping us and others with finding things, explaining how other things worked and even with bringing us things we may have forgotten to pick up. A wonderful experience!

Parking was somewhat inconvenient, especially considering again the elderly member of our party but it was certainly tolerable. The pool was convenient and attractive.

I'd certainly book this hotel again, as long as I'm not traveling with a 97 year old traveling companion!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Phil Y,

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the bath room door lock. This type of issue has never happened before, and since then we have found a resolution to this in the event another issue arises. I do apologize greatly. Thank you for your kind words with our hotel and breakfast. We strive to make everyone have an enjoyable experience with us. I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Some one needs to change the name of the hotel. When we finally found the right one, it was o.k. Actually the best Burns has to offer. We went to Burns to visit the Steens Mountains and the wildlife refuge. The room was average. The bed was not comfortable and the hot tub was plastic and sweeked when we went in, by the way not a two person tub. The breakfast was not so good. We had something that looked like scrambled eggs,but not much taste. The sausages were dried out and well.... yucky! The worst part were the big rig trucks that started up at 5:15. If you stay try to get a room away from the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Vickey S,

I do apologize for any inconvienence with the names of our hotels. We own an Independent hotel called Rory and Ryan Inn LLC, and a Best Western called Rory & Ryan. The management, standards and cleaning policies are the same with a difference in amenities. I apologize you were not pleased with the Hot breakfast, cooking from home does taste different. With the variety of items served for breakfast, I hope that you would stay with us again in the future to possibly try something that you might like alittle better. Our Biscuits and Gravy are excellent, with great flavoring. Or a Blueberry Waffle. Again, I do apologize you were not as pleased as I would like you to be, my goal is to make everyones experience with us as enjoyable as possible. I hope you would give us another try to give you an excellent memerable experience with us.

Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Traveling through Eastern Oregon is never a treat, but a must when going to Idaho. We decided to break up our trip and reserved a room in Hines (Burns), Oregon at the Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns. We pulled into the Rory & Ryan Inn only to find that we were at the wrong one. The Best Western Version is just about a half-a-block away. (We were impressed with the lobby, indoor pool, and fresh cookies at the first one, though.) We received very friendly service at the desk of the Best Western and it too had a clean, nicely decorated lobby with windows looking into a nice indoor pool area. Our room was large and clean. It appeared that they were doing some remodeling as stacks of curtains were in the the lower entrance way, but we weren't sure if our room had been done or not, it was still nice. The treat came in the morning. The complimentary breakfast was above average, but Beverly made it seem like we were in a 5-star hotel. She greeted everyone warmly and made sure we all knew what was available (the standard continental fare plus waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy). As I was getting part of my breakfast, she asked what she could get me to drink and had my coffee waiting for me at the table. I watched her patiently assist someone else with the waffle maker. Beverly is a gem! She was warm, smiling, friendly and never stopped moving. Never have we received (any) service at complimentary breakfasts, and Beverly took it to the top!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielleBGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear MFRTravelers,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We did strike gold with our breakfast attendant. Beverly knows exactly how to help everyone. I am sorry for any inconvenience with the remodeling, should be done very soon. I hope to see you next time you are in our area, and would like to chat. I always like to hear input on my staff and our hotel.

Danielle Buckner-GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns? Share your experiences!