“We Enjoy Orenco Grill” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Tigard, Oregon
“We Enjoy Orenco Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've been to Orenco Grill about a dozen times and have enjoyed every trip.

The dining room is clean and crisp, very inviting. From the front door there are a number of tables to the right and more tables as well as booths to the left. Straight ahead is a walk-way in front of the open kitchen toward more table seating in the "back" as it were. We have always dined in the booths, but I doubt there is a bad seat in the house. Except when music is live, in which case farther away from the music is way better than closer!

We are not regular enough, or I haven't retained the schedule clearly enough, to know when live music is played. And live music is kind of cool. But when we've been there an music is playing it is really more uncomfortable than nice. The venue is pretty open and kind of loud in general; when music is playing the noise is almost deafening when close, and uncomfortable when seated away. That said, we've dined often enough in the late afternoon that we've not had an issue.

The food is excellent for us. They offer a variety of meals; steaks, pork, chicken, fish, pasta, as well as dinner salads and sandwiches. The steak sandwich rivals any I've had anywhere. The food is very good, and the pricing quite in line with other restaurants similar to this. We have never experienced a bad meal here and I would guess the steaks are excellent, just like everything else; however, personally I find it difficult to pay $25-$29 for a steak meal as I can cook this for far less money at home, but that's me.

Service has been nothing but outstanding; our servers have always been very accommodating, known the food, and have been downright pleasant. They have a nice selection of draft as well as bottled beer; the wine selection is not huge but also will not break the bank. Iced tea is made perfectly.

The location is excellent in the heart of the Orenco Station area of Hillsboro, with ample street parking as well as a huge lot with nice large spaces just behind the building.

Orenco Station Grill is worth a visit if you find yourself in Hillsboro and are looking for lunch or dinner!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, OR
“Good food but limited menu and so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Orenco Station Grill is within a mile of my office, and is a frequent choice of my boss when entertaining visitors for lunch. He's a huge fan of the steaks - which I'll admit, they do well with.

To limit to just my most recent meal - we had a party of 7 for lunch. Quick seating, quick drinks, but ordering and receiving our food took over 30 minutes. Lunch menu has fairly limited offerings: 4 salads, 4 entrees, 6 sandwiches, few other odds and ends. Granted, the food is always very good - this time I had the Proscutto Penne, which was full of flavor. I've also had the steak, club sandwich, and ruben in previous visits, and again, very tasty.

Pricing is a bit high for what you get, took forever to get a waiter to take our credit card this time, and no "thanks" from the bored waitstaff when we walked in front of them. For the location and price, I just expect more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“The snack menu staring at 8pm is better than the full restaurant one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Hilsboro. The first time we had the snack menu and the food was wonderful and Tapas in style. We decided on the strenght of this to visit again and have a full meal. What a disapointment. It was VERY expensive and not really worth the money. We were hurried through the meal - 3 courses in 40 minutes flat and then asked to pay up by the waitress as she was ending her shift so presumably wanted her tip. We begrudgingly gave the 20% expected which came to over $16. This seemed excessive, as I don't earn that much in an hour myself - and she gets paid as well. All in all I would not suggest that you have a "special" meal here as it is not worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tualatin
“Good service and food, Jazz music!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I were there with family and friends. The table had an assortment of offerings from both the happy hour menu and the normal dinner menu. I had the pork chops (tender and cooked correctly) with broccolini and a prefab-looking but otherwise fine au gratin potatoes. My wife had a just OK pasta dish. Ordered from the happy hour menu by others at the table were a very good Ruben sandwich, a tempting individual Margarita pizza, a nothing-special salad, and a few other items I didn't enquire.

This was on a Sunday and the place was fairly quiet, except for the fine Jazz music. Service was attentive. We'll go back, I'm sure, if we are in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Do not eat here! Unfriendly staff, hates kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is awful! I couldn't even enjoy my food because the staff was so unfriendly and did not like kids! Nothing ruins the atmosphere more than uptight snooty waiters. How hard is customer service people!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere