The hotel is well situated: only a few miles to almost all locations you need in Hillsboro, Beaverton or other neighboring towns. It will take only a few minutes to reach them if you drive a car.
The building was located about 100 meters (380 feet) from Cornell Road, so traffic did not disturb calmness of this place. But sometimes in dead of the night you could hear horn of a distant train. There were trees and green lawns around the hotel so it looked very nice and peaceful.
There were parking lots and I was always able to find free one to leave my car around the hotel. The building had several entrances operated by hotel key cards. That was very convenient, I did not have to go to main entrance every time.
Two elevators existed for climbing upstairs, but it was extremely cold in the elevator car. It seemed like I was standing in a freezer while going up and down.
The room door was operated with the plastic key card and contained all I needed to feel safe: the door eye and internal locks which could not be opened from outside.
The room was sufficiently spacious and cozy. One exception was a very noisy air conditioner (heater). But after difficult days I somehow managed to sleep under that “white noise” coming from the heater. I was staying in late November and first days of December, meaning it was nearly impossible to sleep comfortably without heating the room.
The room was equipped with all I wanted including huge bed suitable for two, a desk, folding armchair and fridge. An ironing board together with iron itself was found in the wardrobe as usually. The hotel provides a tea and coffee making machine with a couple of tea bags. As I’m a tea addict (you may check my other hotels’ reviews), I’d prefer if I had more complimentary tea bags. Furthermore, to be completely honest, that kind of coffee making machine was unable to make a proper cup of tea; strong scent of stale coffee haunted every cup.
Internet was available both in wired and Wi-Fi connections. Do not forget to obtain a password on reception.
Since I was a traveler from Europe, AC plugs of my laptop and mobile phone charger needed an outlet adaptor, which I forgot to take from home unfortunately. Reception in this hotel normally does not have this kind of things but it happened that somebody forgot it before and did not claim later, so a receptionist offered it to me, what made me really happy.
Every day they brought fresh USA today in spite of I explicitly asked the hotel personnel to stop doing that. Nevertheless, thanks for the newspaper.
Breakfast was not as good as I desired it to be but still can be endured for several days. You might find hot omelet with fried ham for example. There was a machine for making pancakes. I’d say that machine made a quite decent pancakes. Jam and syrup were near. There was a selection of tea bags and coffee as well. But at the same time I badly missed slices of cheese or boiled sausage to cover sandwich. Interesting that forks and knives were made of plastic. I do not have anything against plastic things, it was merely a surprise.
There were other places to dine. Orenco Station Gril and Starbucks were not so far from the hotel. It would take less than ten minutes if you decided to walk there. New Seasons store was even closer. I would also recommend visiting BJ’s or Applebee’s, that was my personal choice.
The hotel was very good even taking into account a few things I mentioned above. I do not mind staying in this hotel again. I dare to say I can recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to Intel and within close proximity to to many Oregon high-tech companies and Pacific University Hillsboro campus the Holiday Inn Express Hillsboro is the perfect location for the business traveler. The hotel is within walking distance to the MAX Lightrail station that provides access to downtown Portland and other attractions such as the Oregon Zoo, Washington Park and Orenco Station. The hotel offers our travelers spacious accommodations in all of our guest rooms along with complimentary high speed internet throughout the hotel in addition to our new Express Hot Breakfast bar. We look forward to having you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro Hotel Hillsboro
- Holiday Inn Hillsboro
- Holiday Inn Express Hillsboro
- Hillsboro Holiday Inn