“Very clean bathrooms and kitchen. Floors a little dirty.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro

You added Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19311 NW Cornell Road, Hillsboro, OR 97124 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Hillsboro
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very clean bathrooms and kitchen. Floors a little dirty.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I wasn't happy with the heating/cooling system or the breakfast selections. The limited fruit that was there wasn't very good, no decaf coffee or tea selections. Also, there wasn't very good sound insulation - I could hear people walking on the floor above me in the middle of the night, which woke me up. The furniture wasn't very comfortable, but the bed was comfortable. I did appreciate the cleanliness of the bathroom and kitchen, but would have preferred cleaner carpet. I was right next to the stairs, and the door was very heavy, so every time someone used the stairs, the door would slam. This was quite disturbing in the middle of the night. Why are people up at that hour? I had to get up in the middle of the night to turn the heater off. It just kept running continuously and it's one of those heaters that is either off or on and even though when I went to bed the room was at a comfortable temperature, it didn't stay that way. The only benefit was the location; it was close to pf changs and other nice restaurants and close to where I needed to go for business.

Room Tip: If you stay here, try to get the 3rd floor so you don't have anyone walking above you. Also, do...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Kimberly - Thank you for posting your thoughts on your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and our location. Still, I am sorry that the heater in your room did not work properly and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. In response, our maintenance staff is working to repair the heater and we are going to keep your comments in mind about the breakfast as we continue to make improvements to our hotel in the future.

Again, thank you for your thoughts and I hope to see you at our location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family and I used this place as a landing place as we moved here from Oklahoma. We ended up staying here for almost two weeks and didn't have any real problems.

The pros:

Very clean room
Great water pressure and hot water
Nice, safe-feeling neighborhood
Friendly, helpful staff
Nice laundry facilities and workout room

The cons:

They don't have a continental breakfast, and they should for the price
Even though it's a non smoking facility, the bathroom always reeked of smoke
I felt that there should have been a few more dishes in the kitchenette

My cons are all fairly little things, however. It was a great place to stay and I would use them again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at our location. We are located in a fantastic spot with plenty of local shopping and restaurants within walking distance. As you stated, we have some great amenities for our guests to enjoy as well. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be a "home away from home". Still, I am sorry for the smoke odor. I will be working with our staff to ensure this is eliminated and our hotel is treated as non-smoking at all times.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'm reading some of the other reviews on here and they say things like "5 star service", "best hotel I've ever stayed at". Um.... Are we staying in the same hotel? I'm here right now and I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am in this place.
The halls smell like a combination of old musky carpet, dirt and smoke. The rooms aren't much better, even though it's a non-smoking room. I was afraid to use the cups/dishes in the kitchen without sterilizing them first. As I opened the shower curtain in the bathroom I noticed a pubic hair on the side of the tub and no, it did not belong to me! The breakfast is a joke. Granola bars and instant oatmeal? Not even a bowl to make the oatmeal, really? Not one bit of protein offered.
The only positive thing I have to say is the location is convenient. Still, I'd take cleanliness over convenience any day. I will not be staying here again! E

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking he time to post your thoughts on your stay with us. Its definitely disappointing to see that we were not able to make you feel comfortable. I will absolutely discuss the cleanliness with my staff as its one of the most important factors to us, and can assure you that we will work to improve our offerings moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can show you our enhanced efforts.
Sammamish, Wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I made my reservation through Priceline express deals. It said it included a 2.5 star hotel (name not listed until booked) that allowed pets and included breakfast. I booked it.

I called ahead to request a pet friendly room on the ground floor with two beds and was told they could only offer a studio and I needed to contact Priceline. What a joke. When I got there, I was almost charged a daily fee that was MORE than what I paid for the hotel room each night for my pet. I refused and they backed down.Then even knowing I had a arthritic dog that could barely walk 2 feet, they put me on the third floor farthest from the elevator. Again, the blame was placed on Priceline and they said it was out of their hands.

The room was filthy with layers of dust on the lampshade, stained carpets, film on drinking cups, hairs found under the pillows, no ice buckets nor apparently any ice machines to be found on the premise, thin towels, no bedding on our fold out arm chair (yep too cheap for a couch) and much more. No dish soap, mismatched kitchen items and not enough forks and spoons. One load's worth of dishwasher soap and no maid service to replenish.

The room vassilated between incredibly hot and frigid. The room was incredibly small and when the arm chair folded out, it connected with the TV cabinet so you literally had to jump over the bed to get to the kitchen or door.

Due to room location, I ended up having to lift my 70 lb dog, walk the 100 yards to the elevator or walk up and down the four flights to get my dog outside in time for the bathroom. Yes, I had to lift said 70 lb dog over the fold out as my children slept. Seriously no one could have taken heart and found us a ground floor room as I requested weeks before in my phone call? Employee after employee saw us struggling with his 16 year old dog and nothing.

Let's continue with the fold out. It was 1/2 as narrow as a twin. Yes let's call it a toddler bed that my 6'1" teen son was forced to use. His feet actually came over the end. It came with no bedding except sheets. We tried to call down, but the phone button to the lobby never worked...ever. My son walked down late the first night and they gave him what looked to be a think blanket. It wasn't until we were leaving that I realized it was actually a mattress pad. No wonder he was freezing.

The bathrooms were fine. The blowdryer did the job. The wifi worked if a little slow. The water pressure was adequete. The ironing board actually fell off the wall. One small shampoo and conditioner was furnished for all three days we were there. The outside was well maintained. There was a pool, but it was closed.

Saving the best for last? BREAKFAST. Yep, we were promised a breakfast with our priceline purchase. Breakfast was chewy granola bars, weak coffee, hot chocolate and oatmeal packets, sad looking apples, and prepackaged muffins...and that is if they were replenished. Often times, my kids went down and the baskets were empty. No milk or yogurt. No juice. No utensils or plates. They had a large breakfast room and we never saw anyone in there. Basically breakfast was pre-packaged CRAP you would take for a snack. Not even a toaster or cereal much less some eggs or protein. Do not tell me that is breakfast.

So, you tell me is a granola bar breakfast, no maid service, and a dirty room without bedding and a non-functioning phone worth 2.5 stars? Nope! I will never trust Priceline again. I definitely would not willing stay here again.

Nope. Avoid. At. All. Costs. You can do better...

Room Tip: Don't book through Priceline. Apparently priceline only reserves their crappiest rooms and no m...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. While the staff and I strive to provide guests with the accommodations they desire, we are unable upgrade a reservation made through our website or third party site without applying a charge. Still, I will be working with our staff to ensure we are more professional in how we communicate this and handle situations like yours better in the future. As well, our breakfast is meant to be more of an on-the-go treat for guests to enjoy. I am sorry if this was not conveyed to you properly, but will keep your comments in mind as we continue to make improvements to this offering.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future so we can show you our enhanced efforts.
Aloha, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed for the first time at extended stay recently and the service that they provided was by far the best hotel service I have ever had. The lady at the front desk, Kathy was very kind and helpful and always made sure we got what we needed and then some. Room was very clean and orderly unlike some of the Hiltons I have stayed at recently. I don't want to book a room at any other hotel chain now. Next time I will definitely extend my stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Bianca - Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on us. I know that Kathy will appreciate your comments. We always try to ensure every guest has a great time. Cleanliness and order are some of the most important services we can provide to make sure your trip is great from the time you come in through the front doors.

I'm pleased to hear you'll be returning and look forward to having you with us.
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is one of the best economy place to stay price wise but with excellent five star service. The staff was friendly and very informational when it came to best places to eat, places to visit and the room was very cozy and relaxing. I would say over all, my business trip turned into a vacation. Thanks to Kathy for the excellent customer-front desk service. Her etiquette and professionalism and friendly smile, made all the stay worth while. I have recommended this place to all my colleagues, close friends and family. I will definitely be returning back with my family.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor on the south side, was very convenient access to enter and exit, peaceful and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Corrine - Thank you for your great review on your experience at our hotel. I'm extremely pleased to see that we were able to provide you with the type of service that you deserve when staying with us. We pride ourselves on offering an affordable stay without giving up any of the attention you deserve. I will make sure to share your comments with Kathy. I know that she will be grateful for your thanks.

We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future should your travels bring you back to Portland.
Forest Grove, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was in town visiting family and friends for a week, and this was the perfect fitting hotel! The location is wonderful. Right in the center of everyting I could have needed. Spent most of the time w/ friends in the area, but when I was at the hotel, my expierence was very pleasent. The staff I had contact with were nothing but helpful. I needed directions and she went out of her way to print up some for me. The room was very convenient. Having a stove and fridge was so helpful. I didn't have to eat out everyday. The so-called breakfast needs a little help. Too many carbs and sugars. Other than that, everything was nice. I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Deborah - Thank you for the kind comments and taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are glad to hear that our centralized location offered you a variety of activities during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on taking the extra step to make your experience at our hotel, a great one. W will take your recommendation into account in regards to our breakfast offerings.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro? Share your experiences!